Islanders Recall Sebastian Aho
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - The New York Islanders announced today defenseman Sebastian Aho has been recalled from the team's American Hockey League affiliate, the Bridgeport Sound Tigers.
Aho, 21, recorded 20 points (nine goals, 11 assists) and four power-play goals in 29 games with the Sound Tigers this season and has been one of the top defensemen in the AHL. He currently ranks second among all League blue-liners in goals, leads AHL defensemen in game-winners, and is tied for sixth in points. Aho is also tied for 13th among League rookies in scoring and ranks third on the Sound Tigers in both goals and points.
A native of Umea, Sweden, Aho agreed to a three-year entry-level deal with the Islanders on July 5 after he was selected by the club in the fifth round (#139 overall) of the 2017 NHL Draft. He spent parts of the last four seasons with Skelleftea AIK in the Swedish Hockey League (SHL) and posted career highs in goals (10), assists (20), points (30) and games played (50) with the team last season. He added two assists in seven playoff games, and helped Skelleftea capture 2017 SHL silver medal honors.
In 152 career SHL games, Aho registered 15 goals, 45 assists and 60 points during the regular season and also skated in 49 career playoff games, helping Skelleftea win the SHL championship in 2013-14.
The 5'10, 170-pound defenseman also skated with Team Sweden in the World Junior Championships from 2012-15.
Next Time Out: The Sound Tigers return to action this Saturday with a 7 p.m. puck drop against the Binghamton Devils at Webster Bank Arena. Fans can follow all of the live action on the Sound Tigers Radio Network and AHL Live, beginning with the pre-game show at 6:45 p.m.
Guarantee Your Seats: Flex plans are on sale now for the 2017-18 campaign, offering the greatest savings and ultimate flexibility of all ticket packages. Pick between a full-season, 20-game, 15-game or 10-game plan and you'll also be entitled to exclusive benefits, including the ticket holder exchange policy, which means any unused tickets can be traded for future games. Please contact Brad Dworin at 203-345-4813
Don't Go It Alone: Whether it's a corporate outing, a fundraiser, or just friends getting together, a group outing with the Sound Tigers will guarantee an unforgettable experience filled with fast-paced action on the ice, great music, promotions and contests at an affordable price. The Sound Tigers have a variety of packages and promotional events to offer. Please call the team's front office at 203-345-2300 ext. 7 for more information on the benefits of bringing your group to a future game!
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 29, 2017
- Griffins Offer $2 Beers and $2 Hot Dogs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Peters Signs PTO with Wilkes/Barre-Scranton - AHL
- Comets Sign Forwards Marco Roy and Andrew Cherniwchan - Utica Comets
- BLUE JACKETS ASSIGN DEFENSEMAN GABRIEL CARLSSON TO MONSTERS - Cleveland Monsters
- Iowa Wild Falls to Rockford IceHogs 6-3 - Iowa Wild
- First 2,500 fans in attendance Friday will receive a free IceHogs fleece blanket - Rockford IceHogs
- HOGS HOST FRIDAY FLEECE BLANKET GIVEAWAY - Rockford IceHogs
- Goalies Peters, Morrison Signed to PTOs - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Manitoba Moose Announce Shutout Hunger Details - Manitoba Moose
- GRIFFINS ASSIGN BORKOWSKI TO WALLEYE - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Colorado Avalanche Recall Defenseman Andrei Mironov from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- MONSTERS TO HOST "MARVEL SUPER HERO NIGHT" THIS SATURDAY AT THE Q - Cleveland Monsters
- CLEVELAND MONSTERS: Monsters to Host Marvel Super Hero Night This - Cleveland Monsters
- Coyotes Recall Kempe from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Syracuse Crunch Loan Shane Conacher to Adirondack Thunder - Syracuse Crunch
- Islanders Recall Sebastian Aho - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolf Pack Announce Roster Moves - Hartford Wolf Pack
- AMERKS TO HOST "STAR WARS NIGHT" ON SATURDAY - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Reassign Cody Wydo to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- MINNESOTA WILD ASSIGNS FORWARD ZACH PARISE TO IOWA ON A CONDITIONING ASSIGNMENT - Iowa Wild
- Condors Start Strong But Lose 3-2 to Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Rampage Outlast Stars 5-4 in Cedar Park - San Antonio Rampage
- Goulbourne Gordie Howe Hat Trick Drives Series Sweep at Wilkes-Barre - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Amerks Fall Short of Fifth Straight Win - Rochester Americans
- CRUNCH OUTLAST MARLIES - Syracuse Crunch
- WALMAN WHISKS WOLVES TO 1,000 FRANCHISE WINS - Chicago Wolves
- Penguins Lose Close One to Phantoms - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- P-Bruins Notch Third Period Comeback - Providence Bruins
- Comets Drop Wild Game to Bruins in Shootout - Utica Comets
- Devils Curse Checkers in Lopsided 6-2 Loss - Charlotte Checkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bridgeport Sound Tigers Stories
- Special Ticket Package for NHL Preseason Game on Sale Now
- Holmstrom, Jones Returned to Worcester
- Bridgeport suffers home loss in season finale
- Bailey scores for second straight night in Bridgeport's final road game
- Bernier, Bailey each score in Friday's setback to Lehigh Valley