WALMAN WHISKS WOLVES TO 1,000 FRANCHISE WINS
MILWAUKEE - Defenseman Jake Walman scored 1:05 into overtime to lift the Chicago Wolves to a 3-2 victory over the Milwaukee Admirals Wednesday night at UWM Panther Arena. The victory marked the Wolves' 1,000th franchise win.
Forwards Tomas Hyka - who also earned an assist - and Brandon Pirri each scored in regulation for Chicago while goaltender Max Lagace (7-2-1) made 26 saves for the win.
Milwaukee (15-12-3-0) broke through with 1:27 left on the clock in the first frame. Bobby Butler tipped a Frederic Allard shot for the 1-0 lead.
The Wolves (13-12-5-1) tied the game at 11:29 of the second period when Hyka barreled into the Admirals zone and put an wrist shot on net. The puck went between Anders Lindback's pads, deflected off his skate and into the back of the net for the 1-1 equalizer.
In the third period, T.J. Tynan carried into the Milwaukee zone. He flew behind the net and spun around to find Pirri streaking up slot for an easy 2-1 go-ahead goal at 16:43.
Fifteen seconds later, Cody Bass redirected a Pierre-Cedric Labrie shot to knot the game 2-2.
In the 3-on-3 overtime session, the Wolves controlled the play. While Milwaukee was in the middle of a line change, Hyka circled along the left offensive boards and slid a pass to Walman rushing into the zone. His blistering one-timer found twine for the 3-2 victory.
Lindback (14-5-3) made 21 saves in the loss.
The Wolves and Admirals play the back half of a two-game set at UWM Panther Arena on Friday, Dec. 29. Puck drop is set for 7 p.m. and the game will be televised on The U Too.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 29, 2017
- Griffins Offer $2 Beers and $2 Hot Dogs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Peters Signs PTO with Wilkes/Barre-Scranton - AHL
- Comets Sign Forwards Marco Roy and Andrew Cherniwchan - Utica Comets
- BLUE JACKETS ASSIGN DEFENSEMAN GABRIEL CARLSSON TO MONSTERS - Cleveland Monsters
- Iowa Wild Falls to Rockford IceHogs 6-3 - Iowa Wild
- First 2,500 fans in attendance Friday will receive a free IceHogs fleece blanket - Rockford IceHogs
- HOGS HOST FRIDAY FLEECE BLANKET GIVEAWAY - Rockford IceHogs
- Goalies Peters, Morrison Signed to PTOs - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Manitoba Moose Announce Shutout Hunger Details - Manitoba Moose
- GRIFFINS ASSIGN BORKOWSKI TO WALLEYE - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Colorado Avalanche Recall Defenseman Andrei Mironov from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- MONSTERS TO HOST "MARVEL SUPER HERO NIGHT" THIS SATURDAY AT THE Q - Cleveland Monsters
- CLEVELAND MONSTERS: Monsters to Host Marvel Super Hero Night This - Cleveland Monsters
- Coyotes Recall Kempe from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Syracuse Crunch Loan Shane Conacher to Adirondack Thunder - Syracuse Crunch
- Islanders Recall Sebastian Aho - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolf Pack Announce Roster Moves - Hartford Wolf Pack
- AMERKS TO HOST "STAR WARS NIGHT" ON SATURDAY - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Reassign Cody Wydo to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- MINNESOTA WILD ASSIGNS FORWARD ZACH PARISE TO IOWA ON A CONDITIONING ASSIGNMENT - Iowa Wild
- Condors Start Strong But Lose 3-2 to Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Rampage Outlast Stars 5-4 in Cedar Park - San Antonio Rampage
- Goulbourne Gordie Howe Hat Trick Drives Series Sweep at Wilkes-Barre - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Amerks Fall Short of Fifth Straight Win - Rochester Americans
- CRUNCH OUTLAST MARLIES - Syracuse Crunch
- WALMAN WHISKS WOLVES TO 1,000 FRANCHISE WINS - Chicago Wolves
- Penguins Lose Close One to Phantoms - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- P-Bruins Notch Third Period Comeback - Providence Bruins
- Comets Drop Wild Game to Bruins in Shootout - Utica Comets
- Devils Curse Checkers in Lopsided 6-2 Loss - Charlotte Checkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.