IronPigs hit five homers in 13-1 win over Columbus
(Columbus, OH) - The Lehigh Valley IronPigs (34-37) saw their bullpen and lineup combine to lead themselves to a victory over the Columbus Clippers (43-30) on Saturday night. The IronPigs won 13-1 as the lineup hit six home runs.
Luke Leftwich started out by pitching two scoreless innings to give the IronPigs good ground to begin the game. The Pigs scored a run against Jake Paulson (0-1) in the top of the fourth inning as Andrew Romine hit a home run.
Deivy Grullon and Austin Listi both homered in the top of the sixth inning against Chih-Wei Hu to give the Pigs a 5-0 lead. Lehigh Valley scored seven runs in the top of the seventh inning against Hu and Nick Sandlin to take a 12-0 lead. Jan Hernandez and Mitch Walding both homered while Nick Williams added an RBI double. Grullon also scored on an RBI groundout by Listi.
Romine homered again the top of the eighth inning - his sixth of the season to give Lehigh Valley a 13-0 lead. Eric Haase hit an RBI double against Yacksel Rios in the bottom of the ninth inning to give Columbus their lone run of the game.
Tyler Gilbert (1-1), Tom Windle and Josh Martin each pitched two scoreless innings in relief.
Lehigh Valley and Columbus wrap up their series on Sunday afternoon. First pitch is at 2:05 p.m.
The 2019 IronPigs season is the team's 12th as the top affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies and 12th at Coca-Cola Park. Follow the IronPigs on Twitter at @IronPigs and like them on Facebook via www.facebook.com/LHVIronPigs.
The 2019 IronPigs season is presented by Capital BlueCross.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 22, 2019
- IronPigs hit five homers in 13-1 win over Columbus - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Zeuch Shines in Debut as Bisons Win 3-0 over Tides - Buffalo Bisons
- Late Home Run Downs Tribe and Spoils McRae's Gem - Indianapolis Indians
- Knights Sweep Doubleheader over Bats - Charlotte Knights
- Aquino Continues Dominance with 3 Homers in Doubleheader - Louisville Bats
- Wings Blanked in Toledo Saturday Night - Rochester Red Wings
- Ryan McBroom homers to secure win for Vejigantes Saturday - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Mud Hens Win Battle of the Bump - Toledo Mud Hens
- Stripers' Trio Shuts out Syracuse 2-0 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Brentz's Blast Lifts PawSox to Win over Indians - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Mets Offense Quieted in 2-0 Loss to Stripers - Syracuse Mets
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Norfolk (6:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- RHP T.J. Zeuch to Make Triple-A Debut for the Bisons Saturday - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (28-45) at Charlotte Knights (39-33) - Louisville Bats
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (38-33) at Pawtucket Red Sox (30-42) - Indianapolis Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.