Iowa's Andrew Harrison records game-high 31 points to top Raptors 905
Iowa Energy guard Andrew Harrison recorded a game-high 31 points, including six-for-eight shooting from three-point range, to lead the Energy to a 110-100 win over Raptors 905 Tuesday night at Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines, Iowa.
The Energy jumped out to a 14-point lead in the first five-and-a-half minutes and rode the early momentum to a 32-25 advantage going into the second quarter. Raptors 905 scored the first five points of the second quarter to get the game within two, but trailed at halftime, 53-46.
Raptors 905 went on a 9-0 run in the latter half of the third quarter, took its first lead of the game with four minutes to go in the period and maintained a 75-74 lead heading into the fourth frame. The Energy started the final quarter on a 9-1 run to pull ahead by seven with nine minutes to go and didn't look back from there to secure the victory.
Iowa was led in points by Harrison (31), Ramon Harris (17), Terry Whisnant (16), Patrick Christopher (16), Traevon Jackson (12) and Maxie Esho (11). Scoring in double digits for Raptors 905 were Scott Suggs (19), Bruno Caboclo (18), Shannon Scott (18), Sim Bhullar (16), Greg Smith (14) and Axel Toupane (12). Bhullar also had a game-high 16 rebounds.
The Energy led Raptors 905 in field goal percentage (47.9-43.2), three point percentage (50.0-28.6), free throw percentage (76.5-66.7) and fast-break points (17-8), while Raptors 905 held the advantage in points in the paint (40-26) and second-chance points (12-4).
Raptors 905 is back in action Friday, February 26 when the club visits the Delaware 87ers at 7 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 23, 2016
- Bighorns Acquire Gani Lawal - Reno Bighorns
- Verdell Jones III Leads Santa Cruz Past the Vipers - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Andrew Harrison Leads Iowa Energy to Victory - Iowa Wolves
- Iowa's Andrew Harrison records game-high 31 points to top Raptors 905 - Raptors 905
- Warriors Cruise Past RGV Vipers 107-84 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Weber's Triple-Double Leads Skyforce to Blowout Victory - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Ra'shad James and Keith Wright - Westchester Knicks
- Austin Spurs Trade with Westchester Knicks - Austin Spurs
- Bighorns Blowout the BayHawks - Reno Bighorns
- Santa Cruz Warriors Re-Acquire Moe Baker - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Rockets Assign Sam Dekker to Rio Grande Valley - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Raptors 905 Stories
- Chris Boucher and Jordan Loyd Named to All-G League Team
- Chris Boucher Named the 2018-19 NBA G League Most Valuable Player and the 2018-19 NBA G League Defensive Player of the Year
- Raptors 905 Set to Face Grand Rapids in Round One
- Raptors 905 Claim Wade Baldwin IV
- Nets Earn Wire-To-Wire Victory over 905