Bighorns Blowout the BayHawks
RENO, Nev. - The Bighorns recorded their twelfth straight home win when they defeated the Erie Bayhawks 130-105 Tuesday afternoon at the Reno Events Center. The Tuesday afternoon victory over the BayHawks keeps the Bighorns the number one ranked team in the Western Conference.
Ricky Ledo led the Bighorns with 22 points, and eight rebounds. Erick Green followed Ledo closely, notching 22 points, five rebounds and five assists. Akeem Richmond scored his season high with 19 points as Sacramento Kings assignment player, Duje Duka, totaled 14 points and six rebounds during the Tuesday afternoon contest.
Green led the Bighorns in the first quarter with eight points and three rebounds. Dukan notched five points and three rebounds in the quarter as Mark Tyndale scored four points in the first.
Ledo led the Bighorns in the second quarter with nine points and three rebounds. Green, who went 3-3 from the field, tallied eight points and two rebounds in the quarter as Stockton and Kadeem Jack had six points each.
The Bighorns led the BayHawks 66-49 at the Half. The Bighorns shot 57 percent from the field in the first half compared to the BayHawks shooting 43 percent from the field.
Akeem Richmond paced the Bighorns in the third quarter with 11 points as Ledo tallied seven points and two rebounds. Reggie Hearn had six points and two rebounds in the quarter. Stockton had six points in the quarter. The Bighorns outshot the BayHawks 41-30 in the third.
During the final quarter, Richmond led the Bighorns with eight points while Kadeem Jack notched four points and two rebounds. Stockton totaled four points, four rebounds and two assists in the fourth quarter.
The Bighorns outscored the BayHawks 64-56 the second half. The Bighorns shot 55 percent from three-point range compared to the BayHawks shooting 22 percent from three-point range.
The Bighorns next travel to Santa Cruz to face the Warriors on Friday, Feb. 26 at 8 p.m. before returning to the Reno Events Center on Saturday, Feb. 27 at 7 p.m.
The Bighorns Friday, Feb. 26 game will be broadcasted live on ESPNU at 8 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 23, 2016
- Bighorns Acquire Gani Lawal - Reno Bighorns
- Verdell Jones III Leads Santa Cruz Past the Vipers - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Andrew Harrison Leads Iowa Energy to Victory - Iowa Wolves
- Iowa's Andrew Harrison records game-high 31 points to top Raptors 905 - Raptors 905
- Warriors Cruise Past RGV Vipers 107-84 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Weber's Triple-Double Leads Skyforce to Blowout Victory - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Ra'shad James and Keith Wright - Westchester Knicks
- Austin Spurs Trade with Westchester Knicks - Austin Spurs
- Bighorns Blowout the BayHawks - Reno Bighorns
- Santa Cruz Warriors Re-Acquire Moe Baker - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Rockets Assign Sam Dekker to Rio Grande Valley - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Bighorns Stories
- Bighorns Drop Western Conference Semifinals to Lakers
- Coach Martin to Donate One Thousand Tickets to Local Non-Profits for Tuesday's Playoff Game
- Reno Bighorns to Play in Western Conference Semifinals on April 3
- Statement from the Reno Bighorns and Sacramento Kings Regarding the Passing of Zeke Upshaw
- Bighorns Earn Pacific Division Title with Win over Warriors