Iowa Wolves Return to Wells Fargo Arena Thursday
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Wolves, the NBA G League affiliate of the Minnesota Timberwolves, return home after almost a month when it hosts the Memphis Hustle on Thursday night at Wells Fargo Arena. Tipoff against the Memphis Grizzlies' affiliate will be earlier than usual at 6:30 p.m. CT. Tickets for Thursday's game can be purchased here.
Iowa (2-0), which last played at Wells Fargo Arena on Dec. 16 during the G League Showcase Cup, started the G League regular season last week with two key road wins. The start of the NBA G League regular season was delayed from Dec. 27 to Jan. 5 to give clubs an opportunity to safely return players to market after the holidays and to replenish their rosters following a record number of NBA Call-Ups. The Iowa Wolves, NBA G League office and Wells Fargo Arena are working together to potentially reschedule the Wolves' home games affected by the delay of the regular season.
Following the Showcase Cup, team records reset, and the 36-game regular season tipped off after the pause on Jan. 5, bringing each team's total games played to 50. At the conclusion of the regular season, the top six teams in each conference (East, West) will qualify for the NBA G League Playoffs.
The Wolves began the regular season with a dominant 109-94 win over Sioux Falls on Jan. 6 and then rallied and held off a resilient Birmingham team on Jan. 8 in a back-and-forth 115-113 victory. Forward Brian Bowen posted back-to-back double-doubles, averaging 25.0 points and 14.5 rebounds while shooting a blistering 60.0 percent from the floor. Two-way point guard McKinley Wright IV tallied his first career points/assists double-doubles, averaging 19.5 points, 11.0 assists and 2.0 steals. His last steal in the final seconds against the Squadron sealed that win.
Following Thursday's home game, Iowa travels to California for a pair of games, first taking on the South Bay Lakers on Jan. 16 at 7 p.m. CT followed by a clash with the Stockton Kings on Jan. 18 at 9 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 12, 2022
- Long Island Tops Wisconsin in Wire-To-Wire Victory - Long Island Nets
- Birmingham Squadron Re-Acquire Guard Jared Harper, Forward Malcolm Hill Rejoins Team - Birmingham Squadron
- Tacko Fall Rejoins Charge - Cleveland Charge
- Warriors Assign Moses Moody to Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Game Preview: at Clippers - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- RGV Acquires Terrance Ferguson to Roster - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Iowa Wolves Return to Wells Fargo Arena Thursday - Iowa Wolves
- Knicks Secure First Victory of Regular Season, Conquer Cruise 110-105 - Westchester Knicks
- Knicks Come up Short to Cruise in Regular Season Home Opener - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Iowa Wolves Close Season with 124-114 Win over Oklahoma City Blue
- Iowa Wolves Keep Playoff Hopes Alive with 111-106 Win over Oklahoma City
- Iowa Wolves Drop Home Game to Birmingham Squadron, 114-106
- Santa Cruz Rallies for Overtime Win over Iowa
- Iowa Wolves Add Sam Cunliffe