Iowa Energy Re-Acquire Tyrus Thomas
Des Moines, Iowa - The Iowa Energy have re-acquired forward Tyrus Thomas, the team announced today. Thomas returns to Iowa after earning a Call-Up by the Memphis Grizzlies to a 10-day contract on Jan. 22.
Thomas appeared in two games for the Grizzlies and averaged 2.0 points and 0.5 assists in 3.3 minutes. He made his Grizzlies debut on Jan. 27 against the Dallas Mavericks and played again on Jan. 29 against the Denver Nuggets, scoring four points in five minutes.
Thomas (6-10, 225) was acquired by the Energy on Jan. 13 and made his team debut on Jan. 16 at the NBA D-League Showcase, scoring 15 points against Delaware. He posted a double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds at the Showcase on Jan. 18 vs. Erie. In two games with the Energy, Thomas has averaged 14.5 points, 7.0 rebounds and 2.0 blocks on .588 shooting in 26.9 minutes.
Iowa Energy 2014-2015 single game tickets are now on sale starting at just $8. Group tickets, Flex Packs and payment plans are available now. For more information, visit IowaNBA.com or contact the Energy at (515)-564-8550. For more information on the Energy, "like' the Iowa Energy on Facebook or follow on Twitter (@iowaenergy).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 3, 2015
- Stampede Drop a Close One in Delaware - Idaho Stampede
- Clippers Sign Dahntay Jones for Remainder of Season - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Austin Spurs Host Back-To-Back Games February 6-7 - Austin Spurs
- Iowa Energy Re-Acquire Tyrus Thomas - Iowa Wolves
- Mitch McGary Assigned to NBA D-League's Oklahoma City Blue - G League
- Mitch McGary Assigned to Oklahoma City Blue - Oklahoma City Blue
- BayHawks and NIE Partner for Unique Educational Experience through Basketball - Erie BayHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Iowa Unable to Complete Comeback in Season Finale
- Wolves Lock Down in Fourth Quarter to Secure Win over Suns
- Iowa Takes Care of Business in Home Finale against Wisconsin
- Wolves Take Down Spurs in Come-From-Behind Victory
- Road Woes Continue for Iowa in Loss to Long Island