Iowa Begins West Coast Trip with Loss
LOS ANGELES, CA, Mar. 19, 2009 - Game one of a four game West coast trip didn't go as planned for the Iowa Energy as they fell to the Los Angeles D-Fenders 103-91 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles Thursday night. Los Angeles is the D-League affiliate of the Los Angeles Lakers.
Iowa was outscored by L.A. in each of the first three quarters to fall behind by 14 points heading into the 4th quarter. The Energy got the lead down to 6 points several times in the final stanza, but L.A. answered the challenge on each occasion to cruise to the victory. Iowa fell to 24-16 on the season with the loss. Los Angeles improved to 15-27.
Othyus Jeffers led Iowa with 18 points while Courtney Sims scored 17 points in the game.
Los Angeles was led by reserve Ryan Forhan-Kelly, who finished with 24 points. Former Energy standout Dwayne Mitchell scored 22 points and pulled down 14 rebounds for the D-Fenders.
Iowa heads down the road to take on Anaheim Friday night. The Energy return to Des Moines Saturday, March 28th for "80's Night" vs. Ft. Wayne. Tickets can be purchased by visiting www.dahlstickets.com or calling 515-462-2849.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 19, 2009
- 14ers Top Power Rankings for 3rd Straight Week - Colorado 14ers
- Iowa Begins West Coast Trip with Loss - Iowa Wolves
- Los Angeles Surges Past Iowa - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- 66ers Showcase Games for Entire Family This Weekend - Tulsa 66ers
- Lakers Reassign Sun Yue To D-Fenders - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Los Angeles' Sun Yue Re-Assigned To D-League Affiliate Los Angeles D-Fenders - G League
- BayHawks Announce Silent Auction - Erie BayHawks
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Anaheim Loses Late to Sioux Falls - Anaheim Arsenal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Iowa Wolves, Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx Tip off Pack the Vote Initiative
- Wolves Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Cancel Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Wolves Issue Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Suspend Game Play
- Late Heroics Lift Wolves over Vipers
- Spellman's Triple-Double Not Enough in Home Loss to Warriors