66ers Showcase Games for Entire Family This Weekend
Tulsa, Okla., March 19, 2009 - The Tulsa 66ers have something special in store for fans of all ages this weekend, as they take on the Los Angeles D-Fenders for their final Saturday home game of the season at 7 p.m., then host the Dakota Wizards for their only visit to Tulsa this season on Sunday at 6 p.m.
Saturday's game against the D-Fenders, the Los Angeles Lakers affiliate, features a $2 beer and $1 hot dog special for the entire evening. The Lakers re-assigned 6-9 guard Sun Yue to the D-Fenders today, which will give fans a chance to see the Chinese-native born player in action.
With March Madness upon us, coach Dan Panaggio's squad features former college stars Joe Crawford from Kentucky, Ryan Forehan-Kelly from California, along with Duane Erwin and Earl Barron from Memphis.
Sunday's game against the Wizards, the Memphis Grizzlies and Washington Wizards, is Faith & Family Night. In-game entertainment will feature the world famous Zooperstars, and characters Mackerel Jordan, Shaquille O'Seal, Stallion Iverson, and Yao Flamingo among others, will entertain kids of all ages throughout the game and at halftime. 66ers players will give testimonials during a Q&A session with fans following the game.
Fans looking to attend Sunday's Faith & Family Night at a savings can call (918) 585-8444 prior to noon on Saturday, to receive the special rate. Fans can also take advantage of the 66ers Sunday Family 4-Pack at the SpiritBank Event Center box office, which provides four tickets, four hot dogs, and four sodas for only $44.
Coach Duane Ticknor's Wizards feature former Oklahoma State Cowboys guard Maurice Baker, former Missouri State guard Blake Ahearn, former Fresno State guard Renaldo Major, former Alabama forward Richard Hendrix and former Miami forward Will Frisby.
- Fans can watch Oklahoma City Thunder assigned forward D.J. White up close in Tulsa, as he was assigned on March 18. White scored 15 points and grabbed 10 rebounds in his first game for the 66ers at Colorado on March 17.
- The 66ers roster also features former #4 pick in the 2004 NBA Draft, 6-7 point guard Shaun Livingston, last season's Atlantic 10 Conference Player of the Year Gary Forbes, last season's Summit League Defensive Player of the Year Yemi Ogunoye, and more!
- Fans unable to make the game can watch every minute of action online for free at tulsa66ers.com via NBA Futurecast.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 19, 2009
- 14ers Top Power Rankings for 3rd Straight Week - Colorado 14ers
- Iowa Begins West Coast Trip with Loss - Iowa Wolves
- Los Angeles Surges Past Iowa - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- 66ers Showcase Games for Entire Family This Weekend - Tulsa 66ers
- Lakers Reassign Sun Yue To D-Fenders - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Los Angeles' Sun Yue Re-Assigned To D-League Affiliate Los Angeles D-Fenders - G League
- BayHawks Announce Silent Auction - Erie BayHawks
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Anaheim Loses Late to Sioux Falls - Anaheim Arsenal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.