Indy Eleven Midfielder Kenney Walker Named to USL Championship Team of the Week for Week 2
INDIANAPOLIS - Indy Eleven midfielder Kenney Walker has been named to the USL Championship's Team of the Week for his Week 2. Walker notched two assists in Indy's 3-2 win over Eastern Conference side Charlotte, in addition to creating four chances and completing just under 80 percent of his passes. Moreover, the 30-year-old currently leads USL Championship in assists with three to his name. Walker's Team of the Week appearance is the first time an Indy Eleven player has been awarded the honor in 2019.
Prior to signing for Indiana's Team on December 5, 2018, Walker was a mainstay for FC Cincinnati since the team's inaugural USL Championship season in 2016. Last season, the Wickliffe, Ohio native appeared in 27 matches and tallied three goals in as much time. Additionally, Walker registered 38 clearances and 41 interceptions.
Before signing for the Orange and Blue, Walker was selected 38th overall by LA Galaxy in the 2012 Major League Soccer SuperDraft. He helped the Los Angeles based club capture three MLS Cup championships before leaving at the end of 2015.
Indy Eleven return to Lucas Oil Stadium for the club's Home Opener on Saturday, March 30 at 7:00 p.m., taking on USL Championship newcomers Hartford Athletic. Tickets are available for as low as $15 at IndyEleven.com/Tickets or by calling 317-685-1100.
USL Championship Team of the Week
GK - David Ochoa, Real Monarchs SLC: Ochoa posted a nine-save shutout to earn the Monarchs a point in a 0-0 draw with El Paso Locomotive FC despite the hosts being down to 10 men for almost an hour.
D - Luca Lobo, Tulsa Roughnecks FC: Making his professional debut, Lobo struck twice in four minutes as part of the Roughnecks' run of five unanswered goals that earned the side its first road win since September 2017.
D - Shawn Barry, Tampa Bay Rowdies: Barry recorded a goal and assist while contributing to the Rowdies' shutout defensively in a 2-0 win against Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC.
D - Paris Gee, Saint Louis FC: Gee played a key role in locking down Nashville SC's attack, recording three tackles and two clearances as STLFC limited the hosts to one shot on goal in their 1-0 win.
M - Santi Moar, New Mexico United: Moar scored a pair of spectacular solo efforts as New Mexico came close to spoiling Phoenix Rising FC's home opener in a 3-3 draw at Casino Arizona Field.
M - Arun Basuljevic, Fresno FC: Basuljevic scored twice to lead the Foxes to a 2-0 victory on the road against Rio Grande Valley FC for their first win of 2019.
M - Solomon Asante, Phoenix Rising FC: Asante converted twice from the penalty spot and recorded five key passes, while also completing 27 of 33 passes overall in Rising FC's 3-3 draw with New Mexico.
M - Kenney Walker, Indy Eleven: Walker notched a pair of assists and four key passes overall to help Indy claim its first victory of the season on the road against the Charlotte Independence.
F - Marvin Loria, Portland Timbers 2: Loria struck twice and recorded two key passes as T2 earned an impressive road victory against San Antonio FC.
F - Brian Brown, Reno 1868 FC: Brown notched both goals as 1868 FC rallied in the second half to take a 2-1 victory against Austin Bold FC for its first win of the season.
F - Augustine Williams, LA Galaxy II: Williams scored his first two goals for Los Dos as it romped to a 3-0 victory on the road against Tacoma Defiance.
Bench: Carlos Coronel (BST), Thomas Meilleur-Giguere (OTT), Zeiko Lewis (CHS), Griffin Yow (LDN), Omar Gordon (OKC), Elliot Collier (MEM), Marios Lomis (NC)
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from March 19, 2019
- Supporters Trust Makes Sizable Donation to Soccer for the Nations - Nashville SC
- STLFC Announces Partnership with Llywelyn's Pub - Saint Louis FC
- Independence Trio Selected for International Duty - Charlotte Independence
- U-17 World Cup Winner, Manchester City Product Signs with Independence - Charlotte Independence
- Memphis 901 FC Forward Elliot Collier Earns USL Team of the Week Honors - Memphis 901 FC
- Phoenix Rising Midfielder Solomon Asante Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Phoenix Rising FC
- Midfielder Arun Basuljevic Selected to USL Championship Team of the Week - Fresno FC
- Reno's Brown Earns Championship Player of the Week - Reno 1868 FC
- Meilleur-Giguere Narrowly Misses out on Championship Team of the Week Nod - Ottawa Fury FC
- Reno's Brown Earns Championship Player of the Week - USL
- Indy Eleven Midfielder Kenney Walker Named to USL Championship Team of the Week for Week 2 - Indy Eleven
- Republic FC Launch First-Ever Official Mobile App - Sacramento Republic FC
- Jamaica Calls up Reno 1868 FC Forward Brian Brown - Reno 1868 FC
- Independence Dedicate Saturday's Game to Leonel - Charlotte Independence
- Rowdies & Norwich City Announce Yellow & Green Dream - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Energy FC Trio Called up to National Teams - OKC Energy FC
- The United Soccer League and Sportradar Announce Official U.S. Partnership - USL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indy Eleven Stories
- Indy Eleven Comes Back to Earn 1-1 Draw at Tampa Bay
- Match Preview: Indy Eleven Continues Fight for Top of the Table at Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Neveal Hackshaw Earns Latest Call-Up to Trinidad & Tobago National Team
- Indy Eleven Posts 3-0 Win at Home over Memphis 901 FC
- Match Preview: Indy Eleven Returns Home to Host Memphis 901 FC