Independence Continues Long-Term Growth with Hiring of Senior Sports Executive
Charlotte (NC) - The Charlotte Independence professional soccer team announced the hiring of veteran sports executive, Timothy Schuldt, as their Chief Revenue Officer.
"Tim joining us adds to a string of good news, including the recent formation of our youth soccer club and the impending groundbreaking of the new American Legion Memorial Stadium," said team President and Managing Partner Jim McPhilliamy. "Adding Tim's wealth of experience with corporate partnerships, naming rights, ticket sales, corporate hospitality, game-day experience, broadcasting, marketing and communications positions us nicely, to maximize our opportunities and make a positive impact on the Charlotte region."
Schuldt is a former executive in Major League Baseball, NASCAR, and live entertainment. In his past career stops, he proved to be highly effective at building teams who deliver award-winning, in-game entertainment and marketing campaigns, as well as creative, solutions-based corporate partnerships which drive value. Schuldt's track record also includes substantially growing attendance for multiple professional sports and entertainment entities.
"This was an opportunity to join a team where the building blocks are being put together," said Schuldt. "These pieces will deliver exceptional value to the community, to our fans and to our corporate partners."
Prior to working on the property side of the sports industry, Schuldt worked for little over a decade at Coors Brewing Company and Pepsi Cola Company, where he negotiated, managed and activated corporate partnerships with every major professional sports league, numerous Power Five conference universities, and multiple A-list entertainers.
Schuldt described his new responsibilities as building the entertainment, marketing and sales capabilities of the Independence, in order to make a positive impact on the Charlotte community, provide career opportunities for club staff, and drive shareholder value.
"We have nearly 13,000 families in our youth soccer organization and a new, forth-coming stadium in Uptown," said Schuldt. "Adding those to our USL Championship team, we provide a tremendous platform to positively affect the youth soccer community, drive value for local businesses and corporations, and add to the entertainment culture for families and fans in this area."
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from August 29, 2019
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance vs. San Antonio FC - August 30, 2019 - Tacoma Defiance
- Preview: Nashville SC Faces Another Tough Test in Second-Place Tampa Bay Rowdies - Nashville SC
- Preview | Indy Eleven Heads South to Take on Louisville City FC - Indy Eleven
- San Antonio FC Travels to Tacoma Looking for Key Road Victory - San Antonio FC
- Championship Look Ahead - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Birmingham Startup Conserv Chosen as Winner of Launchpad Contest from BBVA USA and Legion FC - Birmingham Legion FC
- Independence Continues Long-Term Growth with Hiring of Senior Sports Executive - Charlotte Independence
- Johnson: It's Just Passion for the Game - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Mukhtar Brings Success and Trophies to Nashville SC - Nashville SC
- First-Ever Cuban Athlete on P-1A Visa Signs with Reno 1868 FC - Reno 1868 FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Welcomes OKC Energy FC to Zions Bank Stadium - Real Monarchs SLC
- USL Teams up with Premier Partnerships - USL
- OKC Heads to SLC Looking for Third Straight Win - OKC Energy FC
- Zeiko Lewis Called up for 2019 Nations League Group Stage Matches - Charleston Battery
- Match Preview | Ottawa Fury FC vs Pittsburgh Riverhounds - Ottawa Fury FC
- North Carolina FC Defender Timmy Mehl Completes Short-Term Loan Move to Chattanooga Red Wolves SC - North Carolina FC
- Hartford Athletic Donates $4,685 to Hurricane Relief - Hartford Athletic
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.