Birmingham Startup Conserv Chosen as Winner of Launchpad Contest from BBVA USA and Legion FC
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - BBVA USA and Birmingham Legion FC have announced Conserv as the winner of the 2019 Launchpad contest, awarding the tech startup $2,500, among other prizes.
In the first edition of the competition with Birmingham Legion FC, Launchpad focused on Birmingham-area start-up businesses that needed a financial boost to become digitally innovative. Conserv was founded with a goal of bringing better preventive care to the world's more than 450,000 art and cultural collections, through innovative technology.
"Conserv not only uses technology to enhance their business operations, they use technology to bring innovation and disruption to the art and cultural preservation sector," said BBVA USA Birmingham CEO Andrea Smith. "When examining the digital transformation of specific industries across the United States, this is the type of industry that people may not realize is ripe for innovation. We're a bank that is committed to digital transformation and embrace disruption. Conserv and their vision aligns with our own. Congratulations to their groundbreaking team on this award - it is well deserved."
Established in early 2019, Conserv aimed to help conservation professionals with the difficult challenge of preserving shared cultural heritage. Their first solution launched in July, which was called Conservation Studio. Conservation Studio is currently focused on environmental monitoring, but will soon include facilities reporting, condition and treatment reports.
"Through BBVA Launchpad, Legion FC is proud to collaborate with and support local business," said club president and general manager Jay Heaps. "Conserv has proven to have a great initial business model and a vision for future growth. We congratulate them on their success and have high hopes that they, too, will continue to Hammer Down!"
Previous versions of Launchpad gave small business owners a chance to submit their entries, detailing the nature of their operations and what they would do with their winnings. This year, the contest criteria included judging on how potential candidates would leverage the introduction of new technology to make their businesses more productive.
With Conserv as the winner, they will receive the grand prize of $2,500 and consultations with Legion FC and BBVA USA executives. Company representatives will be presented a check during halftime of the next Legion FC home game, September 13.
The new Launchpad contest gave participants the chance to submit their business plan by July 12. After the submission period ended, judging commenced between Legion and BBVA USA representatives. After four finalists were then announced, fans had the chance to vote on the winner online.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from August 29, 2019
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance vs. San Antonio FC - August 30, 2019 - Tacoma Defiance
- Preview: Nashville SC Faces Another Tough Test in Second-Place Tampa Bay Rowdies - Nashville SC
- Preview | Indy Eleven Heads South to Take on Louisville City FC - Indy Eleven
- San Antonio FC Travels to Tacoma Looking for Key Road Victory - San Antonio FC
- Championship Look Ahead - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Birmingham Startup Conserv Chosen as Winner of Launchpad Contest from BBVA USA and Legion FC - Birmingham Legion FC
- Independence Continues Long-Term Growth with Hiring of Senior Sports Executive - Charlotte Independence
- Johnson: It's Just Passion for the Game - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Mukhtar Brings Success and Trophies to Nashville SC - Nashville SC
- First-Ever Cuban Athlete on P-1A Visa Signs with Reno 1868 FC - Reno 1868 FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Welcomes OKC Energy FC to Zions Bank Stadium - Real Monarchs SLC
- USL Teams up with Premier Partnerships - USL
- OKC Heads to SLC Looking for Third Straight Win - OKC Energy FC
- Zeiko Lewis Called up for 2019 Nations League Group Stage Matches - Charleston Battery
- Match Preview | Ottawa Fury FC vs Pittsburgh Riverhounds - Ottawa Fury FC
- North Carolina FC Defender Timmy Mehl Completes Short-Term Loan Move to Chattanooga Red Wolves SC - North Carolina FC
- Hartford Athletic Donates $4,685 to Hurricane Relief - Hartford Athletic
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Birmingham Legion FC Stories
- USL Academy League Confirms Founding Southeast Division Members
- Alex Crognale Named Legion FC Defensive Player of the Year
- Legion FC Falls in Conference Quarterfinals
- Playoff Match Preview: Legion FC at Tampa Bay Rowdies - Saturday, October 10
- Legion FC Clinches Spot in 2020 USL Championship Playoffs