IceMen's Arena Lease Extended Through 2030-31 Season
JACKSONVILLE, FL -- The Jacksonville Icemen in conjunction with Mayor Lenny Curry, announced Thursday that the Icemen's lease at Vystar Memorial Arena has been extended an additional five-years pending City Council approval. The announcement was made at the arena this morning.
Pending approval from City Council, the Icemen and the City of Jacksonville have agreed to a lease extension with the Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena that will keep the Icemen in the sports complex through the 2030-31 season. The agreement is a five-year lease with an Icemen option for an additional five years.
The Icemen are the only team in Jacksonville that is 100% owned by local investors, led by Andy Kaufmann, a long-time resident of Jacksonville. Other partners include: MLB and former Jacksonville University standout Daniel Murphy, physicians Dr. Mehul Parekh, Dr. Ali Chahlavi and Dr. Vim Reddy, financial advisor Marcus Rowe and Icemen President and Founding Member Bob Ohrablo.
"It is because of our great Icemen Family of fans and sponsors, the support from Mayor Curry's office, City Council and Bill McConnell/Zane Collings of ASM (the arena management company) that I am excited to announce that the Jacksonville Icemen will be here for many years to come", said Andy Kaufmann, the Icemen majority partner and CEO. "Pending the approval next week of City Council, we are committing to a long-term commitment to this great city of ours and to Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena our home until at least the 2030-31 season."
"The Icemen have added significantly to Jacksonville's reputation as a sports destination in the last three years, and I'm excited to say that they will continue to do so for years to come," said Mayor Lenny Curry. "This team brings thousands of people to our urban core every game, boosting our economy, enhancing our quality of life, and adding to our reputation as a destination for sports and entertainment. I look forward to working with my colleagues on City Council to keep the 'cold front' in Jacksonville through 2031."
The Icemen's home opener is slated for Saturday, December 12 at 7:00 p.m. The Icemen are expected to start the season with limited capacity seating. The best way to ensure your seats is with a season ticket membership package. Full & partial season plans are currently available! Contact the Icemen at 904-602-7825, or visit online at www.jacksonvilleicemen.com.
The 2020-21 Jacksonville Icemen Season is Presented by Community First Credit Union.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 22, 2020
- Fuel Add Forward Peter Krieger to Preseason Roster - Indy Fuel
- Riley Gill's #30 to be Retired December 19th - Allen Americans
- Kovacs Re-Signs in Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Rookies MacDonald and Anderson Agree to Terms for 2020-21 - Florida Everblades
- Salvaggio Returns for Third Season - Wichita Thunder
- IceMen's Arena Lease Extended Through 2030-31 Season - Jacksonville Icemen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Jacksonville Icemen Stories
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Icemen, December 1, 2021
- Hartford Recalls Taylor; Returns Brassard to JAX
- Icemen Win Streak Ends at Five in Teddy Bear Toss Game
- Hawerchuk's Overtime Tally Seals Icemen's 5th Straight Win
- Game Preview: Teddy Bear, Toss Everblades at Icemen