Hurricanes Sign Goaltender Picklyk
LETHBRIDGE, AB - The Lethbridge Hurricanes Hockey Club announced Saturday that they have signed 2003-born goaltender Jared Picklyk to a Western Hockey League Standard Player Agreement.
Picklyk, 16, was drafted by the Hurricanes in the seventh round (148th overall) in the 2018 WHL Bantam Draft. The product of Kelowna, BC spent the 2018-2019 season with the Okanagan Rockets Minor Midget team in the BC Minor Midget Hockey League where he recorded a 2.19 goals against average.
"We wanted to add to our goaltender depth with Tetachuk and Thomson already in the fold," said Hurricanes General Manager Peter Anholt. "We feel that with signing Jared we've done that and he's had a strong camp for us so far."
The 6'2", 175-pound netminder is one of five goaltenders that the Hurricanes currently have on their Main Camp roster.
The Hurricanes will play their annual Red vs. White Intrasquad game on Sunday, September 1st at the ENMAX Centre at 2:00pm. Doors will open at 1:00pm. Admission is free with a donation of a non-perishable food item for the local Lethbridge food banks.
The 'Canes will begin their ENMAX Pre-Season schedule on Friday, September 6th when they travel to Red Deer to face the Rebels. The 'Canes will host the Rebels on Saturday, September 7th at the ENMAX Centre before welcoming the Swift Current Broncos on Friday, September 14th.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from August 30, 2019
- Blades Open 2019 Pre-Season with High Scoring Win - Saskatoon Blades
- Royals Blanked by Rockets - Victoria Royals
- Jarret Stoll Cup at Winnipeg ICE Training Camp Presented by Hilton Garden Inn Winnipeg South - Winnipeg Ice
- Pats Stymied by Blades in Preseason Opener - Regina Pats
- Hurricanes Sign Goaltender Picklyk - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Davies' Hat Trick Leads Broncos to Pre-Season Win - Swift Current Broncos
- Rebels Acquire 2017 Top 10 Bantam Draft Pick in Deal with Giants - Red Deer Rebels
- Rebels Bench Boss Impressed with Veterans, Rookies in Camp - Red Deer Rebels
- Hitmen 2019 Training Camp Day Three Recap - Calgary Hitmen
- Chiefs Drop Preseason Opener to Winterhawks - Spokane Chiefs
- Nowoczin and Larocque Return to Midget Teams - Tri-City Americans
- Vancouver Giants Acquire 2000-Born Forward Brendan Budy - Vancouver Giants
- Rebels Trade With Vancouver - Red Deer Rebels
- Giants Drop Exhibition Opener to Seattle Thunderbirds - Vancouver Giants
- Royals Sign Island Product Riley Gannon - Victoria Royals
- T-Birds Drop Giants in First Preseason Game - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Broncos Sign Forward Aiden Bulych to SPA - Swift Current Broncos
- Roster Set for First Preseason Contests of 2019 - Spokane Chiefs
- Broncos Open Pre Season with Matinee in Regina against Moose Jaw - Swift Current Broncos
- Royals' Team Blue Outduels Team White in Intra-Squad Win - Victoria Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.