Houston Dynamo FC Use TAM to Sign Attacker Amine Bassi
HOUSTON - Houston Dynamo FC used Target Allocation Money to sign attacker Amine Bassi through the 2024 season with a club option for 2025 and 2026, the Club announced today. Bassi joins the Dynamo on a full transfer from FC Metz in France's Ligue 2, pending the receipt of his P-1 Visa and International Transfer Certificate (ITC).
"We are excited to welcome Amine to our club and the city of Houston. Amine is a creative attacking player with the potential to make a significant impact to our team this season," said Dynamo general manager, Pat Onstad. "His versatility to play different positions makes him a valuable addition to our roster and, at 25-years-old, we are getting a player entering the prime of his career."
Bassi joins the club after a promising start to his career in France and the English Football League Championship. He began his professional career with AS Nancy-Lorraine in his native France and made his Ligue 1 debut as a 19-year-old against AS Monaco on May 6, 2017. He scored 26 goals for the club and added 17 assists in 119 appearances for AS Nancy-Lorraine in all competitions. He scored seven goals and tallied three assists in 19 appearances during the 2020/2021 season, his last full season with the team.
He joined FC Metz in the 2021/2022 season and appeared in six matches for the club before joining Barnsley FC in the England Championship on loan for the remainder of the season. The forward had a positive impact during his loan spell with two goals and five assists in 15 league appearances for Barnsley.
The forward is a product of the SAS Épinal academy in France. He made the first team match-day roster as an 18-year-old for a regular season match against CA Bastia in the Championnat National.
Internationally, Bassi has represented Morocco at the U-20 and U-23 levels. He earned his first international cap for the U-20 Morocco National Team in a friendly against Italy on Oct. 10, 2017.
Bassi is the seventh new player signed to the Dynamo first team roster this offseason as the club continues to overhaul the roster and staff.
TRANSACTION: Houston Dynamo FC sign attacker Amine Bassi on a full transfer from FC Metz in France through the 2024 season with a club option for 2025 and 2026.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 23, 2023
- Rapids Ready for Second Preseason Contest with Mineros de Zacatecas in Querétaro - Colorado Rapids
- Sounders FC 2023 Partial Season Ticket Packages Now on Sale - Seattle Sounders FC
- Preview: IMcF DonBorello to Compete in eMLS League Series 1 - Inter Miami CF
- El Fantasma to Perform Halftime Show for Match against LAFC at Levi's Stadium on May 6 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Houston Dynamo FC Use TAM to Sign Attacker Amine Bassi - Houston Dynamo FC
- FC Cincinnati Announce Roster for 2023 Preseason - FC Cincinnati
- D.C. United Appoint Luke Jenkinson as First Team Performance Director - D.C. United
- Houston Dynamo Football Club Signs Agreement with Arca Continental Coca-Cola Southwest Beverages - Houston Dynamo FC
- 2023 eMLS League Series One Pres. by Coca-Cola Zero Sugar Preview: Joksan Returns for Second Season with Nashville SC - Nashville SC
- Columbus Crew Acquires International Roster Slot Via Trade with Sporting Kansas City - Columbus Crew SC
- Sporting KC Acquires $190,000 in GAM - Sporting Kansas City
- LA Galaxy Transfer Midfielder Samuel Grandsir to Ligue 2 Side Le Havre AC - LA Galaxy
- Defender Alexander Callens Departs New York City Football ClubÃÂ - New York City FC
- Colorado Rapids Acquire Irish Midfielder Connor Ronan from Wolverhampton Wanderers - Colorado Rapids
- Minnesota United Sign Defender Mikael Marques - Minnesota United FC
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dynamo FC Stories
- Houston Dynamo Enter 2024 Home Opener at Shell Energy Stadium with New Fan Experiences
- Houston Dynamo FC Fall to Late Goal at St. Louis CITY SC
- Houston Dynamo FC Sign Obafemi Awodesu and Diego Gonzalez to Short Term Loans
- Houston Dynamo FC Begin 2024 Campaign in the Concacaf Champions Cup against St. Louis CITY SC
- Houston Dynamo FC Sign New Contract with Stalwart Midfielder Adalberto "Coco" Carrasquilla