Hosmer and Randazzo Named First Team SPHL
HUNTERSVILLE, NC -- The Southern Professional Hockey League on Thursday announced its 2013-2014 All-SPHL First Team as selected in a vote of league coaches, general managers and media representatives with Mississippi RiverKings' forward Todd Hosmer and Andrew Randazzo being the first in franchise history to earn First Team honors in the SPHL.
"Both of these plays have rebounded from injuries last season and have been a huge part of our success," RiverKings Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Derek Landmesser said. "'Hos' is one of the most dangerous players every time he is on the ice and 'Rando' has been a workhorse on the back end. Both play in all situations for us and are very deserving of this honor. We are very happy to have them both in a RiverKings uniform."
Hosmer, 26, completed his second season with the RiverKings in 2013-14, registering 55 points (37G, 18A) in 40 games. The 6-foot-1, 215-pound forward's 37 goals led the SPHL. Hosmer also appeared in 14 games this season with ECHL Greenville. With the Road Warriors, the Scarborough, Ont. native collected three goals and one assist.
Randazzo, 23, appeared in all 56 games for the RiverKings last season after his 2012-13 campaign was cut short by injury to lead the team in assists. The 5-foot-9, 218-pound native of Hamilton, Ont. collected 42 points (4G, 30A) this season. His 30 assists were third highest amongst SPHL defensemen and he led the SPHL with 18 power-play assists.
The RiverKings hit the ice tonight to take on the Huntsville Havoc at 7:30 p.m. Catch all the action at Old Style Bar-B-Q in Olive Branch, Miss., the Official Away Game Watch Party Headquarters of the RiverKings.
2013-14 SPHL First Team
F - Shawn McNeil, Louisiana IceGators
F - Todd Hosmer, Mississippi RiverKings
F - Joe Caveney, Pensacola Ice Flyers
D - Stuart Stefan, Huntsville Havoc
D - Andrew Randazzo, Missisisppi RiverKings
G - Kyle Rank, Peoria Rivermen
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from March 27, 2014
- Mississippi RiverKings Squeaks by Huntsville, 4-2 - Huntsville Havoc
- Ice Flyers Dominate Game, Down Surge 5-1 - Pensacola Ice Flyers
- Hosmer and Randazzo Named First Team SPHL - Mississippi RiverKings
- Surge, Ice Flyers Kick-Off Round 1 Tonight in Pensacola - Mississippi Surge
- Fans Can Vote for 2013-14 Ice Flyers Fan Favorite - Pensacola Ice Flyers
- SPHL Announces First Team Selections - SPHL
- All-SPHL Second Team Announced - SPHL
- Peoria Hangs On, Beats Columbus 2-0 - Columbus Cottonmouths
- Rank, Vermeersch Lead Rivermen to Victory in Game 1 - Peoria Rivermen