Homestand Starts with Tough Loss
Aberdeen, M.D. - Aberdeen came home on Thursday night looking to snap a six game losing streak. Another night of dominant pitching ended in a 1-0 loss to the Staten Island Yankees.
W: Nevin Correa
L: Dan Hammer
4th inning: Josh Smith led off with a double for Staten Island. It was one of three hits he would grab on the night. He advanced on a wild pitch and scored on a groundout from Jake Sanford.
7th inning: Houston Roth pitched a nearly immaculate inning, striking three out on ten pitches. It was the second time he struckout the side.
NEWS AND NOTES
Aberdeen dropped their seventh in a row, the longest losing streak this season. They have now been shutout in three of the last four contests.
Through 53 games, Aberdeen is 28-25, they have won just one game in the month of August.
IronBirds vs. Staten Island Yankees, Friday, 7:05 P.M.
Leidos Field at Ripken Stadium - Aberdeen, M.D.
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from August 8, 2019
- Cutters Drop a Pair at West Virginia - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Tigers Fall in Extras at Brooklyn - Connecticut Tigers
- Homestand Starts with Tough Loss - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Cyclones Tame the Tigers in Extras - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Renegades Take Both Games of Doubleheader from 'Cats - Tri-City ValleyCats
- Early Runs Lead Vermont To 3-1 Win At Lowell - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Three Early Runs Prove Too Much for Spinners Thursday Night - Lowell Spinners
- Politz Tosses Gem to Lead Spikes to 4-1 Win over Muckdogs - State College Spikes
- Home Sweet Home - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Tigers Add Nick Quintana to 2019 Roster - Connecticut Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.