Hogs win 5-3 over Newark
Grand Prairie- The Grand Prairie AirHogs (22-18) came back from down three and scored five unanswered runs to beat the Newark Bears 5-3 Saturday night at QuikTrip Park. And the AirHogs only needed five hits to pull out the win. Kenny Held came up big with the bases loaded in the fifth inning. Held hit a bases clearing triple. Brian Myrow drove in the other two runs in the game going 2-for-4. He also scored on Held's triple in the fifth. Ryan Pineda scored twice for the AirHogs. Also scoring a run each was Andres Rodriguez and Juan Richardson.
Receiving his third win of the season was starting pitcher Julio Lugo, who gave up three runs over five innings. Lugo also struck out four batters. After Lugo's three it was scoreless baseball for Derrick Miramontes, Jakob Cunningham, and Justin Dowdy. Patrick Mincey was put in another save opportunity where he shined getting his ninth save of the season.
Newark and Grand Prairie will finish their three-game series Sunday night at QuikTrip Park. The first pitch is set for 6:05 P.M.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 29, 2013
- Hogs win 5-3 over Newark - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Wingnuts Win Fifth Straight - Wichita Wingnuts
- Parise, Gil Propel Saltdogs Past El Paso - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Canaries Suffer Seventh Straight Loss - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Wichita Holds Off Explorers To Win 8-7 - Sioux City Explorers
- Saints Double up Canaries for Fifth Straight Win, 6-3 - St. Paul Saints
- Explosive Seventh Leads RedHawks to 17-0 Rout of Kansas City - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Kansas City's Losing Streak Hits Six Games - Kansas City T-Bones
- Goldeyes Cool Down RailCats in Extra Innings - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - June 29th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Mojica's Grand Slam Leads Lemurs - Laredo Lemurs
- 'Dogs Razor Sharp, Take Two from Diablos - Lincoln Saltdogs
- American Association Results - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs