'Hogs and AM 660 to hold Military Appreciation Night Thursday
GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas - On the heels of a record-setting 17-game home winning streak, the Grand Prairie AirHogs, in partnership with AM 660 The Answer, will hold their annual Military Appreciation Night this Thursday, July 26, at 7:05 p.m. Any Grand Prairie AirHogs fan that either has served, or is currently serving, our country will get in free of charge.
"North Texas is full of baseball fans that are proud of this country. Many of our fans wear that pride on their shoulder as either veterans or active duty members of the military," said AirHogs president Scott Berry. "Allowing those brave men and women one free night of baseball is the least we can do to say 'Thank you.'"
Veterans from any branch of the U.S. Military - Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard and the U.S. Reserves - must advise the ticket office about his or her duty to receive a ticket free of charge.
Jon-David Wells, host of the Wells Report on AM 660 The Answer, will be broadcasting live at QuikTrip Park from 5 to 8 p.m., and will interview Berry to welcome all active military veterans to the ballpark.
Additionally, Sheppard Air Force Base in Wichita Falls will send its Honor Guard to present the colors at the ballpark as part of the celebration.
"I want to encourage military members from the NAS Joint Reserve Base and veterans who have nights at their local VFW to attend," continued Berry. "This is always a special night at QuikTrip Park and I look forward to another one this Thursday night."
The 2011 American Association Champion Grand Prairie AirHogs begin a three-game series against the El Paso Diablos, starting on Tuesday, July 24, at 7:05 p.m. It is Twofer Tuesday, where all fans buying a ticket to the game will receive a free ticket to the next Tuesday game at QuikTrip Park. All games are aired live and for free on Ustream by clicking on the link on the AirHogs' home page or visiting http://www.ustream.tv/channel/airhogs-baseball with selected contests aired on Time Warner Cable's Texas Channel. For information on tickets, promotions, advertising, and other opportunities with the AirHogs, check out the Web site at www.airhogsbaseball.com, or call the QuikTrip Park office at (972) 504-9383.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 24, 2012
- Fargo-Moorhead Outslugs Pheasants - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Lemurs Crush Saltdogs - Laredo Lemurs
- RedHawks Beat Pheasants 11-8 for Ninth Straight Home Victory - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- T-Bones Rally with Five-Run Eighth - Kansas City T-Bones
- 'Dogs Comeback Falls Shy as Lemurs Pull Away Late - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Wingnuts Win in Exciting Ninth - Wichita Wingnuts
- Gary Blanks X's - Sioux City Explorers
- Saints Bullpen Battered by T-Bones in 10-7 Loss - St. Paul Saints
- Saints Sign Veteran Hurler Ruwe - St. Paul Saints
- Goldeyes Lose First All-Canadian Battle to Quebec - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- AirHogs Shut out for Second Straight Day - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Dorado, Bullpen Excellent As Diablos Shut Out Air Hogs - El Paso Diablos
- Krout Throws Four-Hit Shutout in 2-0 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- 'Hogs and AM 660 to hold Military Appreciation Night Thursday - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Pheasants Sign Fowler, Release Casper - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Roberson AA's Batter of the Week - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Anderson Dominates Grand Prairie Again - Kansas City T-Bones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs