Herd Drops Series Finale against Sioux City
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. - The Sioux Falls Stampede dropped their series finale 4-0 against the Sioux City Musketeers in the penultimate home game of the season at the PREMIER Center Friday night. Trent Burnham made the start in net, turning away 38 of 42 shots on net.
The Sioux Falls Stampede began the game with a sense of urgency, outshooting the Musketeers through much of the first period. The tide turned when Joel Maatta tallied the opening goal of the game with 31 seconds remaining in the first period. Christian Jimenez and Daniel Laatsch assisted on the play.
The Musketeers tallied three more goals throughout the contest, with two coming in the second period. Nick Pierre recorded his first career goal at 4:26 of the period and Maatta added his second of the night at 14:33. Ben Steeves made it 4-0 at 4:57 of the third period. Akira Schmid recorded the shutout, stopping 20 of 20 shots on net.
Sioux Falls will travel to Lincoln tomorrow night and next Friday before returning home on April 24 for the final game of the 2020-21 season. Tickets available at any Ticketmaster location or inside the KELOLAND Box Office at the PREMIER Center. Fans can catch the game streaming live at HockeyTV.com or listen live on KELO Radio 107.9 FM, 1320 AM or Kelo.com.
Images from this story
Cal Thomas of the Sioux Falls Stampede
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from April 16, 2021
- Muskegon Blanks Phantoms 6-0 - Youngstown Phantoms
- Force Claim Series Finale - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Herd Drops Series Finale against Sioux City - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Green Bay Clinches a Playoff Spot - Green Bay Gamblers
- D-Men Lead Fargo to a 4-2 Win over Waterloo - Fargo Force
- Storm Set for Three-Game Home Series against Buccaneers - Tri-City Storm
- Fargo Defensemen Do the Damage - Waterloo Black Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.