Heat Lose to Wolves 4-1
Abbotsford, BC - The Abbotsford Heat lost to the Chicago Wolves (AHL affiliate of the St. Louis Blues) 4-1 on Sunday night at the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre (AESC). The Heat remain in second place in the West Division with a 33-21-5-2 record and 73 points.
The Wolves had four different goal scorers in the game and received solid goaltending from Matt Climie, who was named the first star of the game.
The Wolves got off to a fast start in the opening period, scoring three unanswered goals by Alexandre Bolduc at 11:07, Cody Beach at 14:00, and Dmitrij Jaskin at 16:14. Heat goaltender Olivier Roy was pulled after allowing two goals on only four shots.
Defenceman turned forward, Brady Lamb got the Heat on the board as he scored the lone goal of the second period, at 15:45, assisted by Evan Trupp and Chad Billins.
Tyler Shattock scored the only goal of the third period at 8:38, which sealed the victory for the Wolves.
Abbotsford was unable to capitalize on any of their four power play opportunities they received, but were able to kill off all four Wolves power plays.
After replacing Olivier Roy in the first period, Aaron Dell backstopped 13 of 15 shots on goal, while Matt Climie stopped 28 of 29 shots he faced.
Next weekend the Heat will host the Utica Comets (AHL affiliate of the Vancouver Canucks) on Friday, March 14th and Saturday, March 15th. For tickets please call 1-877-452-HEAT (4328) or visit us online at www.abbotsfordheat.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 9, 2014
- Heat Lose to Wolves 4-1 - Abbotsford Heat
- Wolves Sweep Heat with 4-1 Victory - Chicago Wolves
- Rampage Fall to Checkers 4-3 - San Antonio Rampage
- Amerks End Three-Game Weekend with 5-4 Overtime Loss to Barons - Rochester Americans
- Phantoms Fall at Providence - Adirondack Phantoms
- Falcons Defeat Pirates 9-3 - Portland Pirates
- Monarchs Wolf Down Weekend - Manchester Monarchs
- Marlies Fall to Penguins 4-3 in a Shootout - Toronto Marlies
- Crunch Rally Past Senators 4-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- P-Bruins Defeat Phantoms 9-3 - Providence Bruins
- Falcons Rout Pirates with Season-High Nine Goals - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins Tied for First in Division After Shotout Win over Marlies - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wolf Pack Comeback Comes up Short 3-2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sharks Sweep Weekend with 4-3 Shootout Win over Devils - Worcester Sharks
- Monsters Top Bulldogs 4-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Monsters Win in Hamilton 4-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Devils Secure Point, Fall In Shootout - Albany Devils
- Sens Drop Heartbreaker to Crunch 4-3 - Binghamton Senators
- Dallas Stars Recall Cristopher Nilstorp from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Lightning Agree to Terms with Forward Yanni Gourde - Syracuse Crunch
- Bulldogs Foundation Donates $11,200 to JDRF Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Dallas Stars Reassign Francis Wathier to Milwaukee Admirals - Texas Stars
- Coyotes Recall Miele from Portland - Portland Pirates
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Pirates Face-Off with Falcons - Portland Pirates
- Cannone, Wolves Burn Heat 7-2 - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.