Heat Fall 7-6 to MetroStars
The Heat made their debut in Canada, but came up just short in a 7-6 loss to the MetroStars. After trailing at 6-4 at the break, the Heat got the game with in one, and were inches away from an equalizer from David Mellor on the power play, with seven minutes left in the game. The shot didn't go in, as the Heat continue to fight on their season long road trip.
Daniel Villela had two goals for Harrisburg and Patrick Thompson had a goal and an assist. William Banahene made 10 saves in the first half in goal, with Matt Perrella making five in the second half of play.
Harrisburg (1-4) will return to play against the 3-time defending Baltimore Blast in Towson, Maryland on January 12th, 2019 with kickoff set for 6.05pm.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from January 2, 2019
- Chiles Named to MASL Team of the Week - San Diego Sockers
- Dallas Sidekicks Jan 5th Game Notes - Dallas Sidekicks
- MetroStars Welcome Blast, Wave - Mississauga MetroStars
- Blast Announce Four Signings - Baltimore Blast
- Ambush Face Florida Saturday at Family Arena - St. Louis Ambush
- Two Tropics Earn All MASL Honors Following Big Win over Orlando SeaWolves - Florida Tropics SC
- MASL Names Team of the Week for Week Five - MASL
- Leo Gibson Named to MASL Team of the Week - Kansas City Comets
- MetroStars Launch TV Highlights Show - Mississauga MetroStars
- Dallas Sidekicks Battle the El Paso Coyotes at Home - Dallas Sidekicks
- Heat Fall 7-6 to MetroStars - Harrisburg Heat
- 1/3/19 Baltimore Blast vs. Mississauga Metrostars Game Preview - Baltimore Blast
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.