Hats off to Leschyshyn in Big Pats' Win
Regina, Saskatchewan - The Regina Pats got a hat trick from Jake Leschyshyn, four assists from Nick Henry and 39 saves from Max Paddock in a 5-1 win over the Tri-City Americans on Friday night at the Brandt Centre.
The Pats got the scoring started 30 seconds into the game, Austin Pratt scored on a seeing eye shot from the right circle into the top corner short side for his ninth of the campaign. Two minutes after that, Jake Leschsyhyn scored a powerplay goal, his 10th of the year, and it was 2-0 after 20 minutes. The Pats added to their lead at 13:28 of the second when Marco Creta found a puck in the slot and ripped home his first of the season to make it 3-0. Jake Leschyshyn then made it 4-0, two minutes after that with his second of the night and 11th of the season. The Americans got one back late in the frame on the powerplay and it was 4-1 after two periods. In the third, Jake Leschyshyn completed his hat trick with a goal on the five on three powerplay, his team leading 12th to make it 5-1 and that was the final score.
The Pats were outshot 40-33, the powerplay was two for five and the penalty kill seven for eight. Nick Henry led the way with four assists, Jake Leschyshyn the hat trick, Aaron Hyman had three assists and Max Paddock made 39 saves and was named the game's first star.
The Pats (6-12-0-0) will wrap up their five-game home stand on Saturday against the Swift Current Broncos at 7 p.m. at the Brandt Centre.
Regina - Austin Pratt (9) from Nick Henry and Aaron Hyman - 0:30.
Regina - Jake Leschyshyn (10) from Nick Henry and Aaron Hyman - 2:26 PP.
Regina - Marco Creta (1) from Riley Krane - 13:28.
Regina - Jake Leschyshyn (11) from Nick Henry and Austin Pratt - 15:53.
Tri-City - Parker AuCoin (11) from Nolan Yaremko and Kyle Olson - 18:56 PP.
Regina - Jake Leschyshyn (12) from Nick Henry and Aaron Hyman - 7:27 5v3 PP.
Shots on Goal
Regina 7-15-11-(40) Tri-City 14-16-10-(33)
Regina 2/5 Tri-City 1/8
- Jake Leschyshyn picked up his second career hat trick in the victory.
- Nick Henry picked up four assists to extend his point streak to eight games. He has six goals and 10 assists in that stretch.
- The Pats have won three of their last four contests to improve to 6-12-0-0.
The Pats will wrap up their five-game home stand on Saturday against the Swift Current Broncos at 7 p.m. at the Brandt Centre. Tickets are available at reginapats.com, the Brandt Centre Box Office and at any Regina Safeway, where Fun Zone tickets are $13 plus tax.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from November 9, 2018
- Gregor's Multi-Point Night Stretches Raiders Win Streak To 10 - Prince Albert Raiders
- Hurricanes Hold off Hitmen, 4-2 - Calgary Hitmen
- Hats off to Leschyshyn in Big Pats' Win - Regina Pats
- Peyton Krebs Named October's Player of the Month Presented by Jewels on Ninth - Kootenay Ice
- 13th Annual Celebrity Dinner Announced - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Oil Kings Acquire Gavlas from Pats - Edmonton Oil Kings
- NEWS Pats Acquire Draft Pick from Edmonton Oil Kings - Regina Pats
- ICE, Oil Kings Meet in Cranbrook for Third Time this Season - Kootenay Ice
- Preview: Gerlach Leads Blades Back to the Hat - Saskatoon Blades
- Game 19 vs. Saskatoon - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Wheat Kings Face Tough Weekend - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Calgary Hitmen Game Preview - Friday, November 9 at Lethbridge - Calgary Hitmen
- Game Day Preview: Pats Kick off Two-Game Home Weekend against Tri-City - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Regina Pats Stories
- Pats Sedov Makes Team Russia for Under-18 World Championships
- Paddock and Sedov Make NHL Central Scouting Final Rankings for 2019 Draft
- Pats Dave Struch Named to Team Canada U18 Coaching Staff
- Pats Acquire Draft Picks in Trade with Winnipeg
- Pats Close Regular Season with Shootout Loss