ICE, Oil Kings Meet in Cranbrook for Third Time this Season
Cranbrook, B.C. - The Kootenay ICE (6-9-2-1) host the Edmonton Oil Kings (10-7-1-1) for the third time this season on Friday.
Puck drop is scheduled for 7 p.m. MT.
Tickets are available for Friday's game and can be purchased at the ICE Gear Store at Western Financial Place, by calling 250-417-0322 or online at www.icecountry.ca.
ICE 2018-19 Club Leaders:
Goals: Jaeger White (10)
Assists: Peyton Krebs (17)
Points: Peyton Krebs (23)
PIMS: Jonathan Smart (23)
Plus/ Minus: Holden Kodak, Valtteri Kakkonen, Davis Murray, Jakin Smallwood, Cole Muir, Jonathan Smart (0)
Wins: Duncan McGovern (5)
The ICE are coming off of a 5-1 loss to the Moose Jaw Warriors on Saturday, November 3. Jaeger White scored the lone goal for the ICE, assisted by Peyton Krebs and Brad Ginnell. Goaltender Duncan McGovern stopped 38-of-43 shots that came his way. The ICE were outshot 43-18. They went 0-for-2 on the power play, 2-for-4 on the penalty kill and won 29-of-55 face-offs.
The ICE have amassed 15 points this season, which is good for fifth in the Central Division and ninth in the Eastern Conference.
The ICE have a home record of 4-4-1-0.
- '98-born defenceman Dallas Hines is five assists away from 50 career WHL assists.
- '98-born forward Jaeger White is five assists away from 50 career WHL assists.
- '99-born forward Cam Hausinger is eight assists away from 50 career WHL assists.
- '99-born defenceman Jonathan Smart is one game away from 200 career WHL regular season games played.
- '01-born forward Peyton Krebs is eight games away from 100 career WHL regular season games played.
- '01-born forward Peyton Krebs has 12 points in nine games (3G, 9A).
- '00-born forward Brad Ginnell has six points (2G, 4A) in five games.
OIL KINGS PREVIEW
Oil Kings 2018-19 Club Leaders:
Goals: Trey Fix-Wolansky, Brett Kemp (11)
Assists: Trey Fix-Wolansky (28)
Points: Trey Fix-Wolansky (39)
PIMS: Ethan Cap (23)
Plus/ Minus: Trey Fix-Wolansky (+14)
Wins: Dylan Myskiw (7)
The Oil Kings visit the Kootenay ICE for the third and final time this season on Friday, November 9. This will be the fourth meeting between the ICE and the Oil Kings this season. The Oil Kings have had five days off, last playing on Saturday, November 3 in Swift Current. Heading into Friday's game, the Oil Kings have earned victories in five of its last six games and have collected points in six-straight games. Currently, the Oil Kings are in second spot in the Central Division and in third spot in the Eastern Conference.
The Oil Kings are coming off of a 4-3 overtime loss to the Swift Current Broncos on Saturday, November 3. Jalen Luypen, Brett Kemp and Matthew Robertson scored the goals for Edmonton while goaltender Dylan Myskiw stopped 16-of-20 shots. The Oil Kings outshot Swift Current 45-20. They went 1-for-1 on the power play, 0-for-1 on the penalty kill and won 37-of-67 face-offs.
The Oil Kings have collected 22 points this season, which is good for second in the Central Division and third in the Eastern Conference.
The Oil Kings have a road record of 4-5-1-1.
HEAD TO HEAD
This will be the fourth meeting of the season between the ICE and the Oil Kings and the third at Western Financial Place in Cranbrook. The Oil Kings won't play in Cranbrook again for the remainder of the regular season.
Two two Central Division rivals meet a total of six times during the 2018-19 regular season. The next meeting is on December 16 in Edmonton.
The ICE are 2-7-2-0 in its last 11 games against the Oil Kings at Western Financial Place. Overall, both home and away, the ICE are 6-11-4-0 in its last 21 games against the Oil Kings.
ICE v OIL KINGS COMPARISONS
CATEGORY ICE OIL KINGS
PP 18/81 (22.2%) 22/85 (25.9%)
PK 54/70 (77.1%) 61/78 (78.2%)
GOALS FOR 57 77
GOALS AGAINST 78 67
STREAK L-2 L-1
HOME RECORD 4-4-1-0 6-2-0-0
AWAY RECORD 2-5-1-1 4-5-1-1
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from November 9, 2018
- Gregor's Multi-Point Night Stretches Raiders Win Streak To 10 - Prince Albert Raiders
- Hurricanes Hold off Hitmen, 4-2 - Calgary Hitmen
- Hats off to Leschyshyn in Big Pats' Win - Regina Pats
- Peyton Krebs Named October's Player of the Month Presented by Jewels on Ninth - Kootenay Ice
- 13th Annual Celebrity Dinner Announced - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Oil Kings Acquire Gavlas from Pats - Edmonton Oil Kings
- NEWS Pats Acquire Draft Pick from Edmonton Oil Kings - Regina Pats
- ICE, Oil Kings Meet in Cranbrook for Third Time this Season - Kootenay Ice
- Preview: Gerlach Leads Blades Back to the Hat - Saskatoon Blades
- Game 19 vs. Saskatoon - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Wheat Kings Face Tough Weekend - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Calgary Hitmen Game Preview - Friday, November 9 at Lethbridge - Calgary Hitmen
- Game Day Preview: Pats Kick off Two-Game Home Weekend against Tri-City - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.