Hammerheads Drop Series Finale
The Jupiter Hammerheads' six-game winning streak comes to an end after dropping Sunday's contest 9-2 against the Bradenton Marauders at Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium. After winning the first five games of the series, Jupiter was unable to complete the sweep.
Bradenton used a six-run third inning to put this game out of reach early. The Marauders were able to string together hits to chase starter Sandro Bargallo out of the game. The lefty had only allowed one run on the season before giving up five on Sunday afternoon.
The Marauders would tack on another run in the fifth inning to give themselves a 7-0 lead.
In the eighth inning, each club would add two runs apiece. For the Hammerheads it was a solo homer from Jorge Caballero to get them on the scoreboard. It was Caballero's second home run of the season. Ian Lewis would also drive in a run with a sharp single to left field.
Both teams would go scoreless in the ninth to end the game with a final score of 9-2.
Lewis finished the day 3-4 with an RBI and has now had four multi-hit games since joining the Hammerheads on May 10th. The Marlins No. 12 overall prospect is now hitting .588 with a 1.258 OPS on the season.
Jupiter will hit the road next week and make the trip to Lakeland for a six-game set against the Flying Tigers. Game one of the series will be on Tuesday with the first pitch scheduled for 6:30 PM.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from May 15, 2022
- Mussels Earn First Six-Game Sweep in Franchise History - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- Lugo Delivers in Extras, Mets Down Flying Tigers 5-4 - St. Lucie Mets
- Hammerheads Drop Series Finale - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Threshers Trounce Tortugas in Finale, 8-0 - Daytona Tortugas
- Bradenton Bats Bounce to Life, Snap Skid - Bradenton Marauders
- Long Ball Lifts Threshers Past Tortugas, 8-0 - Clearwater Threshers
- Bats Stay Hot, Jays Win Third Straight - Dunedin Blue Jays
- Blue Jays Reel in Tarpons on Fishing Night, Win 4th Straight - Dunedin Blue Jays
- DJays Get First Series Win, Staff K's MiLB Record 24 - Dunedin Blue Jays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.