Guelph Storm to Help Raise Funds and Awareness for Individuals with An Intellectual Disability
(GUELPH) - The Guelph Storm, Law Enforcement Torch Run (LETR), Special Olympics Ontario and Guelph Police are teaming up to raise awareness about the importance of individuals with an intellectual disability at an upcoming Storm home game.
The Storm game on February 18th, 2:00pm at the Sleeman Centre will feature a Ceremonial Puck Drop with Special Olympian Jennifer Allen, Eva Bell and Guelph acting Chief of Police, Paul Martin. As well, those attending the game will have the opportunity to meet SOO athletes at entrance locations where they will be collecting funds and meeting fans.
Learn more about Special Olympics Ontario at the LETR/Special Olympics Ontario-run kiosk located at Gate #6 inside the Sleeman Centre and through various public address announcements throughout the game.
The awareness campaign is part of the ongoing commitment by the Ontario Hockey League, Guelph Storm and LETR/Special Olympics Ontario to raise awareness and funds for Special Olympics Ontario.
"It is our pleasure at Guelph Wellington Special Olympics to continue to Team up with the Law Enforcement Torch Run and The Guelph Storm Organization again this year. So many of our athletes are season ticket holders and you can hear them cheering on their favourite Storm players. We thank you both for sharing our dedication to promote respect, acceptance, inclusion for people with an intellectual disability through Sports," said Lori Savage, Community Coordinator of Guelph Wellington Special Olympics.
"Teaming up with Special Olympics and the Law Enforcement Torch Run for the 11th straight season is something that makes our entire organization extremely proud. For 50 years, Special Olympics has enriched the lives of Canadians through the transformative power of sport and the Guelph Storm are thankful for the opportunity to spread this message at our Special Olympics game on the upcoming Family Day holiday - Monday, February 18th."," said Matt Newby, Vice President, Business Operations of the Guelph Storm.
For ticket information visit tickets.guelphstorm.com
Read more about Special Olympics Ontario at http://www.specialolympicsontario.com/
Join in Game Night by utilizing #BeAFanSOO
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2019
- Wolves Win Ninth Straight - North Bay Battalion
- Bulldogs Fight Back for Win over Steelheads - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Steelheads Fall to Bulldogs in Shootout - Mississauga Steelheads
- Generals Win Fourth Straight - Oshawa Generals
- Dudas Delivers 4-3 Comeback Win over Colts - Owen Sound Attack
- Spirit Finish Season Series Perfect against Rival Firebirds - Saginaw Spirit
- Attack Steal One in Overtime 4-3 - Barrie Colts
- Fronts Finish Strong But Fall Short in Comeback Effort against 67's - Kingston Frontenacs
- 67's Pick up 4-2 Win in Mid-Week Jaunt to Kingston - Ottawa 67's
- Guelph Storm to Help Raise Funds and Awareness for Individuals with An Intellectual Disability - Guelph Storm
- Money Raised from Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae Jersey Auction Donated to All Three Local Legion Branches - Guelph Storm
- 4th Annual Pevs Protects Night Presented by Linamar Is this Friday, February 15th - Guelph Storm
- Preview: Spirit Host Knights on Mental Health Awareness Night - Saginaw Spirit
- Game Preview: Gens vs. Petes Tonight at Home at 7:05pm for Rivalry Night - Oshawa Generals
- 67's, CMHA Ottawa Team up to Raise Mental Health Awareness - Ottawa 67's
- 2019-20 STH Renewals Available Now - Soo Greyhounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Guelph Storm Stories
- Storm's Nick Suzuki Named CHL Player of the Week
- Western Conference Championship Series Preview - #SAGvsGUE
- Western Conference Finals - Game 1 Preview: Guelph Storm at Saginaw Spirit
- Storm Complete Comeback to Knock off Knights in 7
- Playoff Game 7 Preview: Guelph Storm vs. London Knights