Dudas Delivers 4-3 Comeback Win over Colts
The Owen Sound Attack played their first of 4 games in 6 days tonight against the Barrie Colts. The teams have played to a 2-2 record so far this season, with Owen Sound taking the previous two contests. Andrew MacLean received the start in net hoping to follow up his winning performance on Saturday night against the Kingston Frontenacs.
Kaleb Pearson started the Attack off on the right foot last week, scoring twice in the first five minutes. Unfortunately, Jacob Tortora would strike first for the Colts just over a minute in, giving Barrie the 1-0 lead. Owen Sound had multiple power play chances in the period, but couldn't convert on either. Jacob Tortora would score on Barrie's first man advantage of the frame and the Colts headed to the locker room up 2-0 after the first 20 minutes. Owen Sound led in shots on goal, 8-5.
The Attack jumped out of the gates in the 2nd period but couldn't solve rookie netminder Jet Greaves. It took the 24th shot of the game to finally get one past him, a rifle from the slot for Daylon Groulx's 14th of the season to cut the Barrie lead in half. A few minutes later, Aidan Dudas scored his 21st of the year and it was suddenly a tie game. Barrie managed to get one back in the final minute of the frame, Aidan Brown's 10th of the season, and the Colts led 3-2 heading to the 2nd intermission and final 20 minutes of hockey.
20 minutes stood between the Owen Sound Attack and defeat tonight at the Bayshore, and the Bears did everything they could to tie it up. Once again they peppered the rookie netminder with shots but it wasn't until Sergey Popov made a beautiful wraparound move to tie the game with just under 5 minutes remaining. The rest of regulation wouldn't solve anything and the highway 26 rivals would be heading to overtime.
Barrie had the lion's share of possession to begin the extra period, but once the Attack got the puck they didn't give it up easily. Aidan Dudas was a force and for the second time he found the back of the net, sending 2,345 Attack fans happy with the overtime winner. The Attack take the 3-2 season series lead winning 4-3 against the Barrie Colts on a snowy night in the city.
The Hatten Home Building Centre Hardest Working Player of the Game was Adam McMaster with 2 assists. The three stars were Carter Robertson as 3rd star with an assist, Jacob Tortora was 2nd star with 2 goals, and Aidan Dudas the 1st star with 2 goals including the overtime winner.
The Owen Sound Attack will be on the road this weekend taking on the Saginaw Spirit Friday night. Puck drop is at 7:05 p.m. The Attack will be at home next on Saturday, February 23rd against the Erie Otters.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2019
- Wolves Win Ninth Straight - North Bay Battalion
- Bulldogs Fight Back for Win over Steelheads - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Steelheads Fall to Bulldogs in Shootout - Mississauga Steelheads
- Generals Win Fourth Straight - Oshawa Generals
- Dudas Delivers 4-3 Comeback Win over Colts - Owen Sound Attack
- Spirit Finish Season Series Perfect against Rival Firebirds - Saginaw Spirit
- Attack Steal One in Overtime 4-3 - Barrie Colts
- Fronts Finish Strong But Fall Short in Comeback Effort against 67's - Kingston Frontenacs
- 67's Pick up 4-2 Win in Mid-Week Jaunt to Kingston - Ottawa 67's
- Guelph Storm to Help Raise Funds and Awareness for Individuals with An Intellectual Disability - Guelph Storm
- Money Raised from Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae Jersey Auction Donated to All Three Local Legion Branches - Guelph Storm
- 4th Annual Pevs Protects Night Presented by Linamar Is this Friday, February 15th - Guelph Storm
- Preview: Spirit Host Knights on Mental Health Awareness Night - Saginaw Spirit
- Game Preview: Gens vs. Petes Tonight at Home at 7:05pm for Rivalry Night - Oshawa Generals
- 67's, CMHA Ottawa Team up to Raise Mental Health Awareness - Ottawa 67's
- 2019-20 STH Renewals Available Now - Soo Greyhounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Owen Sound Attack Stories
- Guzda Shines, Samanski Wins It in 3-1 Victory for Attack over Battalion
- Chenard Picks up First Career Shutout, Lawrence Adds First Goal in 4-0 Win over Wolves
- Sedley's 1st Not Enough in 4-2 Loss to Greyhounds
- Platers Product Scott Walker Honoured in Owen Sound
- Attack and Wawanesa Raise $1800 and Collect 550 New Toys