Guelph Skates to 4-3 Win over Colts
A third period goal by Nate Schnarr completed his hat-trick and sealed the 4-3 victory for the Guelph Storm over the Barrie Colts Friday night.
The Colts rolled into Guelph following a disappointing performance in Oshawa which saw them stay scoreless in a 4-0 loss on Sunday evening.
Barrie wouldn't waste timing getting on the board on this night. On their first power play of the game it was Ryan Suzuki taking a centering feed before sniping home his 7th of the season. The goal was scored at the 5:46 mark and was assisted by Matej Pekar and Lucas Chiodo.
Just over two minutes later Barrie would extend their lead. Jaden Peca would be on the tail end of a great passing play from Chiodo and Suzuki for Peca's 4th of the season, giving the Colts a 2-0 advantage.
In between the pipes for the boys in blue was Jet Greaves who was making his third appearance of the season, but more importantly his first start in Guelph since being there a year ago playing in Junior B for the Guelph Hurricanes. He was sharp in the opening period stopping all 14 shots he faced.
Barrie would start the 2nd period shorthanded and the home Storm would make them pay with a goal by Nate Schnarr just thirty-two seconds into the frame.
That's how the second period would end.
In the third it was the same script with how the second began, a Guelph power play goal by Schnarr to tie the game at two.
The home team would take their first lead of the game off a crazy bounce in front of the Barrie net. A shot from the point caused a rebound that came to the stick of Justin Murray who tried to slap it away from the net but it bounced off Ryan Merkley and into the net for the 3-2 lead.
Just sixteen seconds later Barrie would tie the game. A nice centering pass by Peca setup up Chiodo in front of the net before snapping it home equaling the score at 3.
The winning goal came off the stick of Schnarr from Guelph with just over six minutes remaining in the game to complete the hat-trick and finish off the comeback to defeat the Colts 4-3.
Barrie is back in action tomorrow night against the Ottawa 67's tomorrow night. There will be a Remembrance Day Ceremony before the game. Puck will drop at 7:30pm.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 9, 2018
- Sting Tipped in Shootout - Sarnia Sting
- Fronts Try to Battle Back Late, But Fall 2-1 to Bulldogs - Kingston Frontenacs
- Bulldogs Win in Kingston - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Troops Win in Overtime - North Bay Battalion
- Generals Go to OT to Best 67's - Oshawa Generals
- Steelheads Fall 5-1 to Spirit - Mississauga Steelheads
- Firebirds Post Second Consecutive Victory - Flint Firebirds
- Guelph Skates to 4-3 Win over Colts - Barrie Colts
- Greyhounds Shocked at Flint - Soo Greyhounds
- Rangers Beat Sting 6-5 in Shootout - Kitchener Rangers
- Prosvetov Shines, Five Different Goal Scorers Lead Spirit to 5-1 Victory over Steelheads - Saginaw Spirit
- 67's Fall to Generals in Overtime - Ottawa 67's
- Steelheads Set for Back-To-Back Games in Michigan - Mississauga Steelheads
- Spirit Look to Hook the Trout on 'Hockey Fights Cancer Night' Presented by Covenant HealthCare - Saginaw Spirit
- Team OHL Skates to 3-1 Victory in Sarnia - OHL
- Game Preview: Gens Take on 67's at Home Tonight at 7:35pm - Oshawa Generals
- Generals Trade Peccia to Greyhounds - Oshawa Generals
- Peccia Acquired from Generals - Soo Greyhounds
- Penalty Shots and Highlight Reel Goals Lead OHL over Russia in Sarnia - Guelph Storm
- OHL's Philadelphia Connection Reunited in Sarnia - Guelph Storm
- Sting Celebrating 25 Years in Sarnia - Sarnia Sting
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.