Grizzlies Lose 3-1 to Idaho on Saturday Night
West Valley City, Utah - Travis Barron scored a power play goal for the second straight game but Idaho goaltender Tomas Sholl stopped 39 of 40 shots as the Idaho Steelheads defeated the Utah Grizzlies 3-1 on Saturday night at Maverik Center.
Idaho took a 2-0 lead after first period goals from Joe Basaraba and Brett Supinski scored for Idaho on rebounds. The Steelheads extended the lead 11:31 into the second period as Spencer Naas scored his first goal of the season. Idaho led 3-0 after 2 periods of play.
The Grizzlies got on the board on Barron's power play goal 2:08 into the period. Taylor Richart and Cole Cassels got the assists. Cassels has an assist in each of the 2 games on the weekend series.
Idaho swept the short 2 game series after winning 3-2 in the season opener on October 11th. Sholl stopped 69 of 72 shots in the series.
Next game for the Grizzlies is on Wednesday, October 16th against the Wichita Thunder at Maverik Center. Face-off is at 7:00 pm. Tickets are available at utahgrizzlies.com, the Maverik Center box office or any Smith's Tix locations.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 13, 2019
- GAME REPORT: Oilers Close out Opening Weekend with Loss to Rush - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Score Three of the Final Four Goals to Beat Tulsa - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 3-1 Saturday Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Oilers Fall to Allen at Home in Back-And-Forth Contest - Tulsa Oilers
- Grizzlies Lose 3-1 to Idaho on Saturday Night - Utah Grizzlies
- Late Power Play Goals Doom Rush against Wichita - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.