Americans Score Three of the Final Four Goals to Beat Tulsa
Tulsa, Oklahoma - The Allen Americans (2-0-0) beat the Tulsa Oilers (1-1-0) on Saturday night 5-4 at BOK Center to start the season with back to back victories.
The Americans made the most of their special team's opportunities scoring twice on the power play (2 for 5) and once shorthanded. Olivier Archambault and Turner Ottenbreit each had power play goals, while Stepan Falkovsky scored shorthanded. 10 different players on the Allen roster got on the scoresheet on Saturday night with Stepan Falkovsky, Spencer Asuchak and Mike Hedden each having a multi-point night.
"We battled back three different times tonight," said Spencer Asuchak, who had the game-tying goal late in the third period. "Jake Paterson gave us a chance to win with some big saves and we made the most of our special teams chances. It feels good to get a big road win against a solid division opponent.
Jake Paterson started for the second night in a row to get the win. Evan Fitzpatrick started for Tulsa taking the loss. The Americans are off until next Friday night when the Utah Grizzlies visit Allen.
1. ALN - S. Asuchak
2. ALN - S. Falkovsky
3. TUL - J. Piccinich
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 13, 2019
- GAME REPORT: Oilers Close out Opening Weekend with Loss to Rush - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Score Three of the Final Four Goals to Beat Tulsa - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 3-1 Saturday Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Oilers Fall to Allen at Home in Back-And-Forth Contest - Tulsa Oilers
- Grizzlies Lose 3-1 to Idaho on Saturday Night - Utah Grizzlies
- Late Power Play Goals Doom Rush against Wichita - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Allen Americans Stories
- Americans Partner Classic of Texoma, Announces Big Donation to Toys for Tots
- Traditional Reds, New Whites Showcased in 2020-21 Season Sweaters
- Minnesota Wild Extends ECHL Affiliation Agreement with Allen Americans
- Former Americans Rookie of the Year Returns for 2020-2021 Season
- Americans Add Top-Two Defenseman Turner Ottenbreit