Greensboro Swarm Ousted by Raptors 905
(GREENSBORO, N.C.) - Malachi Richardson made the go-ahead basket with 42.1 seconds left in the game to lift Raptors 905 over the Greensboro Swarm, 119-117, on Thursday at the Fieldhouse at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex. The Swarm slide to 12-14 on the season while the 905 improve to 15-11.
The high-scoring affair saw both teams shoot 50 percent from the field and five players scored at least 20 points. Richardson had the game-high 25 points along with six rebounds in his 37 minutes of action. Jaylen Barford led the Swarm with his 23 points on 10-for-20 shooting.
The game was tight throughout as neither team held a lead larger than seven points. The Swarm led by two points entering the fourth quarter (95-93) but it was the clutch shooting from long range (4-of-10) in the final 12 minutes that that led the 905 to its 10th road win of the season.
Raptors' Jordan Loyd (22 points, seven assists, six rebounds) and Kyle Collinsworth (20 points, nine rebounds, nine assists) had key performances. Christian Watford (13 points), Duane Notice (12) and Rodney Pryor (11) all had double-digit scoring efforts off the bench.
Greensboro had 20 points from Joe Chealey. Chinanu Onuaku had a double-double of 14 points and 12 rebounds. JP Macura chipped in 16 points and Sam Thompson scored 13. Cat Barber had 15 points in 20 minutes as a reserve.
The two sides face off again on Saturday, January 19, at Paramount Fine Foods Centre at 2 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 17, 2019
- Golden State Warriors Assign Guard Jacob Evans III to Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Greensboro Swarm Ousted by Raptors 905 - Greensboro Swarm
- NAZ Suns to Become Rodeo Clowns on Saturday - Northern Arizona Suns
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Austin Spurs to Participate in FIBA Intercontinental Cup - Austin Spurs
- Santa Cruz Warriors Blow out Austin Spurs 116-82 for Fourth Straight Win - Austin Spurs
- Atlanta Hawks Recall Tyler Dorsey from Erie BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Stars Fall to Kings - Salt Lake City Stars
- Santa Cruz Warriors Blow out Austin Spurs 116-82 for Fourth Straight Win - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bob MacKinnon Tabs 200th Win over Westchester - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greensboro Swarm Stories
- Greensboro Swarm Announce 2019-20 Theme and Promotion Schedule
- Greensboro Swarm Acquires Returning Player Rights to Joel Berry II from South Bay Lakers
- Greensboro Swarm Complete Trade with Canton Charge
- Charlotte Hornets Sign Ahmed Hill to Two-Way Contract
- Greensboro Swarm Announce 2019-20 Schedule