Bob MacKinnon Tabs 200th Win over Westchester
FRISCO, TX - The Texas Legends (9-19) used a 27-point performance from Wade Baldwin IV to hold off the Westchester Knicks (16-12) 126-108 for head coach Bob MacKinnon's 200th career win.
Knicks two-way Kadeem Allen grabbed the first points of the game and the back-and-forth ensued. After five lead changes, Justin Dentmon closed the first with a long ball to give Texas the 32-28 edge. The Knicks tied it up three minutes in and Jameel Warney tipped in three straight to help push Westchester to a double-digit lead midway through the second. The home team chipped away with help from eight of nine active players and jumped back on top 60-59 heading into the locker room.
Texas followed up a 55% half by hitting 56% in the third to cancel out Warney's 13-point effort and build a 94-85 advantage going into the final minutes. The Legends would hold Westchester to 23 in the fourth to extend the gap and seal their victory.
Baldwin knocked down 13-of-22 to lead the Legends with 27 points, 6 rebounds, and 8 assists. Dentmon added 22 points off the bench, knocking down 6-of-11 from outside. Ray Spalding finished with a double-double of 20 points, 14 rebounds, and 4 steals and Xavier Johnson added a second off the bench with 16 points, 10 rebounds.
Warney finished with a Westchester-high 25 points, 4 rebounds while Allen, Zak Irvin and Sekou Wiggs added 15 points each. Irvin led the boards with 9 while grabbing 3 steals, and Allen dished out a game-high 9 assists with 2 steals.
The Legends will hit the road for a game against the Northern Arizona Suns Saturday at 8:00pm CT before returning home for three straight. Fans can catch all the action live at www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 17, 2019
- Golden State Warriors Assign Guard Jacob Evans III to Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Greensboro Swarm Ousted by Raptors 905 - Greensboro Swarm
- NAZ Suns to Become Rodeo Clowns on Saturday - Northern Arizona Suns
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Austin Spurs to Participate in FIBA Intercontinental Cup - Austin Spurs
- Santa Cruz Warriors Blow out Austin Spurs 116-82 for Fourth Straight Win - Austin Spurs
- Atlanta Hawks Recall Tyler Dorsey from Erie BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Stars Fall to Kings - Salt Lake City Stars
- Santa Cruz Warriors Blow out Austin Spurs 116-82 for Fourth Straight Win - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bob MacKinnon Tabs 200th Win over Westchester - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Legends Stories
- Texas Legends Receive 2018-19 NBA G League Awards for Franchise of the Year and Executive of the Year
- Legends Announce Launch of "Pursuing Excellence" Series
- Legends' Second Half Comeback Falls Short
- Legends Bounce Back in Home Finale
- Legends Strike from Outside, Cut Short by Clippers