Bob MacKinnon Tabs 200th Win over Westchester
FRISCO, TX - The Texas Legends (9-19) used a 27-point performance from Wade Baldwin IV to hold off the Westchester Knicks (16-12) 126-108 for head coach Bob MacKinnon's 200th career win.
Knicks two-way Kadeem Allen grabbed the first points of the game and the back-and-forth ensued. After five lead changes, Justin Dentmon closed the first with a long ball to give Texas the 32-28 edge. The Knicks tied it up three minutes in and Jameel Warney tipped in three straight to help push Westchester to a double-digit lead midway through the second. The home team chipped away with help from eight of nine active players and jumped back on top 60-59 heading into the locker room.
Texas followed up a 55% half by hitting 56% in the third to cancel out Warney's 13-point effort and build a 94-85 advantage going into the final minutes. The Legends would hold Westchester to 23 in the fourth to extend the gap and seal their victory.
Baldwin knocked down 13-of-22 to lead the Legends with 27 points, 6 rebounds, and 8 assists. Dentmon added 22 points off the bench, knocking down 6-of-11 from outside. Ray Spalding finished with a double-double of 20 points, 14 rebounds, and 4 steals and Xavier Johnson added a second off the bench with 16 points, 10 rebounds.
Warney finished with a Westchester-high 25 points, 4 rebounds while Allen, Zak Irvin and Sekou Wiggs added 15 points each. Irvin led the boards with 9 while grabbing 3 steals, and Allen dished out a game-high 9 assists with 2 steals.
The Legends will hit the road for a game against the Northern Arizona Suns Saturday at 8:00pm CT before returning home for three straight. Fans can catch all the action live at www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 17, 2019
- Golden State Warriors Assign Guard Jacob Evans III to Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Greensboro Swarm Ousted by Raptors 905 - Greensboro Swarm
- NAZ Suns to Become Rodeo Clowns on Saturday - Northern Arizona Suns
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Austin Spurs to Participate in FIBA Intercontinental Cup - Austin Spurs
- Santa Cruz Warriors Blow out Austin Spurs 116-82 for Fourth Straight Win - Austin Spurs
- Atlanta Hawks Recall Tyler Dorsey from Erie BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Stars Fall to Kings - Salt Lake City Stars
- Santa Cruz Warriors Blow out Austin Spurs 116-82 for Fourth Straight Win - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bob MacKinnon Tabs 200th Win over Westchester - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.