Greenham's 29 Saves Leads B-Sens Past Phantoms
ALLENTOWN, P.A. - The Binghamton Senators used solid goaltending from Scott Greenham to pull out a 2-1 road-win over the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. Greenham finished with 29 saves and the B-Sens penalty-killing unit stopped all five man-advantage chances by the Phantoms to lead the team to victory.
Binghamton took the 1-0 lead 6:22 into the opening period off of Eric O'Dell's team-leading 13th goal of the year. Just after exiting the penalty box, David Dziurzynski fed a streaking Ryan Dzingel a pass up the left wing boards. Dzingel then skated to the midway point of the left circle before dishing the puck to an open O'Dell who rifled it past Anthony Stolarz. Binghamton's Greenham played superb in net stopping all 12 shots faced in the opening 20 minutes of play to hold the B-Sens the 1-0 lead heading into the first intermission.
Following a scoreless middle frame, Lehigh Valley evened the score 1-1 5:28 into the third period as Nick Cousins snagged his ninth score of the year off a wrist shot from the center point. Binghamton regained the lead less than two minutes later when Paul received a feed from Tobias Lindberg on a 2-on-1 rush and beat Stolarz for his third tally of the year. Greenham stood tall in net for the remainder of regulation giving the B-Sens the 2-1 home win.
Stolarz finished with 18 saves on 20 shots faced in the losing effort.
The B-Sens are back on home ice Wednesday, January 13, when they host the Syracuse Crunch at 7:05p.m. Fans can purchase tickets by calling the B-Sens Executive Office Monday and Tuesday from 9:00a.m. - 5:30p.m. or Wednesday from 8:00a.m. to the game's second intermission. Tickets can also be purchased through the Arena Box Office and all Ticketmaster outlets during normal business hours, by visiting www.ticketmaster.com or at 1-800-745-3000.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 10, 2016
- Rockford Snaps up 3-1 Win in Iowa - Rockford IceHogs
- Barracuda Fall 1-0 in Overtime to Rampage - San Jose Barracuda
- Rampage Outlast Barracuda 1-0 in Overtime - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Menace Senators with Chances as Binghamton Hangs on 2-1 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Amerks Comeback Falls Short in 2-1 Loss to Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Leighton Saves Bacon, Rockford Wins 3-1 - Iowa Wild
- Bears Pull Away Late, Defeat Comets - Hershey Bears
- Greenham's 29 Saves Leads B-Sens Past Phantoms - Binghamton Senators
- Late Short-Handed Goal Sinks Comets in Hershey - Utica Comets
- Crunch Top Americans, 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack End Stand with Overtime Victory - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Subban Confident in Shootout Win - Providence Bruins
- Falcons Lose Nailbiter in Shootout - Springfield Falcons
- Albany Devils Winning Streak Snapped in Overtime - Albany Devils
- Bozon Reassigned to Brampton - St. John's IceCaps
- Radek Faksa Reassigned to Texas from Dallas Stars - Texas Stars
- Griffins Sign Jenks to PTO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Recall Forwards Garbowsky and Kea from Elmira - Rochester Americans
- Rangers, Spectra by Comcast Spectacor Extend Wolf Pack Agreement - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Marcantuoni, Ruopp Recalled by Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Condors Pound the Reign, 4-0 - Bakersfield Condors
- Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba vs. Toronto - January 9 - Manitoba Moose
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Rampage Bit by Barracuda 6-4 - San Antonio Rampage
- Barracuda Dazzle in Fifth Straight Win - San Jose Barracuda
- Charlotte Rallies Past Gulls 4-2 - San Diego Gulls
- Point Streak Hits 12 Games with Win in San Diego - Charlotte Checkers
- Condors Take Down Reign 4-0 in Bakersfield - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.