Green Bay's Offensive Woes in Wausau Continue
Wausau, WI - The Green Bay Booyah couldn't provide any run support behind their starting pitcher on Sunday afternoon as they fell 3-0 in Wausau.
The three runs for the Woodchucks all came in the bottom half of the third inning against Booyah starter Chris Jefferson. In the bottom of the third, Alejandro Gonzalez led off the inning with a double and the Woodchucks proceeded to pick up three runs off of four hits.
On the mound, Jefferson fell to 3-4 on the season after going six innings, giving up eight hits, and allowing three earned runs. Out of the bullpen, Chandler Ingram and Jacob Paulishak combined for two shutout innings, while also picking up four strikeouts between the two.
At the plate, Green Bay struggled as they only picked up three hits, all of which were singles. Cooper Morrison finished the day 1-4 with an infield hit, and Logan Rezash also had an infield single, finishing the day 1-1 with a walk. The only other hit for Green Bay came off the bat of Nick Kreutzer in the top of the seventh. Kreutzer finished the day by going 1-4.
Green Bay has an off day tomorrow before they travel to first place Wisconsin Rapids on Tuesday night. First pitch at Witter Field is set for 7:05 p.m.
Capital Credit Union Park features over 1,500 free parking spots within a 5-minute walk. Visit booyahbaseball.com for details.
Images from this story
Nick Kreutzer of the Green Bay Booyah
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 28, 2019
- Eau Claire Wins Pitchers' Duel in Extra Innings - Eau Claire Express
- Honkers Win Second Straight Road Game - Rochester Honkers
- Homers Lift Chinooks over Madison - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Big Innings Propel Loggers to 14-7 Win over Rochester - La Crosse Loggers
- Mallards Fall 7-5 to Chinooks - Madison Mallards
- Powell Sparks Eighth Inning Rally to Sweep Rivets - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Green Bay's Offensive Woes in Wausau Continue - Green Bay Booyah
- Bombers Fall in Final 2019 Matchup with Kalamazoo - Battle Creek Bombers
- Bucks Badgered by Homers in 8-4 Loss to Huskies - Waterloo Bucks
- Rox Postpone Game against Thunder Bay - St. Cloud Rox
- Woodchucks Score Early and Rely on Pitching to Defeat Green Bay - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rafters Rally, Split with Fond Du Lac - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- MoonDogs Fall Victim to Sweep by Express in Extras - Mankato MoonDogs
- Growlers Rock the Bombers in Final Game of I-94 Rivalry Cup - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Stingers Sweep the Larks - Willmar Stingers
- Larks Bring Game Show to the Ball Field - Bismarck Larks
- Dock Spiders Take Down Wisconsin Rapids - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Kenosha Overcomes Early Deficit to Beat Kokomo - Kenosha Kingfish
- Loggers Fall 5-2 to Rochester - La Crosse Loggers
- Mallards Compete on the Road After Five-Game Home Stand - Madison Mallards
- Jackrabbits Snap Kingfish Win Streak - Kenosha Kingfish
- Rafters Head to off Day, Close Season Series with Fondy - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Former Thunder Bay Border Cat Ryan Court Debuts with the Mariners - Northwoods
- Waterloo Walks All over Duluth in 14-7 Win - Waterloo Bucks
- Stingers Victorious over Larks - Willmar Stingers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Green Bay Booyah Stories
- Booyah and Beer Pick-Up Special for Saturday, October 24th
- Special Rocky's Kid's Pack Available Now
- Green Bay BOO-Yah to Host Halloween Trick-Or-Treat Event at Capital Credit Union Park
- Booyah Succeed at Providing Community with Safe Summer Entertainment
- Green Bay Booyah to Host Wine Dinner September 17th