Gorillas Look To Take Sting Out Of Rayz
AMARILLO, TX - The Amarillo Gorillas of the Central Hockey League (CHL) head to the American Bank Center this evening to battle the Corpus Christi Rayz in the 3rd straight road game for the Gorillas. This is the 3rd of 4 straight road contests for Amarillo, their longest road swing of the season. The Gorillas are 0-2 in their first 2 games of this road trip with a 7-4 loss in Tulsa on Friday and a 6-3 defeat at the hands of the Lubbock Cotton Kings on Saturday. The road trip comes to an end Wednesday evening when the Gorillas return to the Ector County Coliseum to battle the Odessa Jackalopes.
Tuesday evening's contest will be the 2nd and final meeting this season between the Gorillas and Rayz. Amarillo knocked off Corpus Christi 2-1 back on November 3rd. Rich Hansen scored both goals for Amarillo for the victory back in early November.
The Gorillas enter CHL action this week with a .500 record of 6-6-2. The Apes are currently tied for 3rd in the Southwest Division with the Odessa Jackalopes as each team has 14 points in the standings. Corpus Christi enters Tuesday evening's contest with an 8-6-2 record through 16 games this season and currently ranks 2nd in the Southeast Division with 18 standings points. The Gorillas have dropped each of their last 2 games and are in the midst of a 6-game road losing streak. Amarillo has won only one game on the road this season and that was their first road contest of the season with a 3-2 win in Odessa back on October 27th. The Corpus Christi Rayz on the other hand have garnered points in each of their last 6 games and are 4-0-2 in that stretch.
All of tonight's action can be heard on the new flagship station for Gorillas hockey, 1010 AM The Canyon with the Voice of the Gorillas, Dan Fremuth. The action starts with the Apartment Guide Gorillas Pre-Game Show at 6:50 P.M.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 28, 2006
- Scorpions earn point with big third period comeback - New Mexico Scorpions
- First period flurry lifts Gorillas past Rayz, 6-4 - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Hounds Start Road Trip on Wrong Foot - Youngstown SteelHounds
- RiverKings run road record to 4-0, win 10th game of season - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Fall 3-1 To Rio Grande Valley - Laredo Bucks
- RiverKings beat Mudbugs 3-2 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Sundogs Team Up with Toys for Tots - Arizona Sundogs
- Eagles Week in Review - Colorado Eagles
- Scorpions Weekly - New Mexico Scorpions
- Rage Pour WinterBock to Benefit Community Food Share Tomorrow - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Cotton Kings Weekly Notes - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Oilers Preview - Tulsa Oilers
- RiverKings road game preview - Mississippi RiverKings
- Killer Bees Game Notes - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Gifts from the Heart and RiverKings team up again - Mississippi RiverKings
- Gorillas Look To Take Sting Out Of Rayz - Amarillo Gorillas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.