Bucks Fall 3-1 To Rio Grande Valley
LAREDO, Texas - The defending CHL President's Cup Champion Laredo Bucks fell 3-1 to the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees on Tuesday night at the LEC in front of 4,587. Rio Grande Valley scored a pair of power play goals to end the Bucks three game point streak. Laredo is 9-5-1 with 19 points and remains in first place in the Southeast Division. The Bucks are on the road on Friday in Austin. Saturday Laredo returns home and hosts Austin. Face off set for 7:30 p.m. It's Biker Night at the LEC with the first 2,000 fans getting a Bucks license plate holder courtesy of Harley Davidson. Fans can take advantage of the Bucks Family Four Pack, featuring four tickets, four hot dogs, four sodas and one large bucket of popcorn for just $48. The Bucks are offering a family four pack of season tickets for the 2006-07 CHL regular season, which works out to just over $7 a seat per game and is a 48 % savings off walkup prices. For more info on 2006-07 Bucks season tickets log onto www.laredobucks.com or call (956) 718-BUCK (2825).
The Bucks scored first as forward Chris Korchinski had a chance on a three-on-one rush and buried the puck in the back of the net when his centering pass was deflected right back to him at 9:28. It was the fourth straight game with a goal for Korchinski and his team leading eighth of the season. The Killer Bees tied the game on a power play chance when forward Matt Reynolds swept in a rebound at 14:41. The teams combined for nine power play chances in a penalty filled first period.
The teams combined for seven more power play chances in the second period and Rio Grande Valley capitalized to take the lead. Defenseman Ryan Carrigan ripped home a slap shot from the high slot at 18:03 for a 2-1 Killer Bees lead.
Early in the third period Rio Grande Valley added to their lead. Forward Jason Cirone stole the puck in the Bucks end and scored on a wrist shot from the slot just 56 seconds into the frame to complete the scoring. FINAL SCORE Rio Grande Valley 3, Laredo 1.
Mike DiLorenzo stopped 30 of 33 shots and took the loss to fall to 0-1-0. Former Bucks goalie, Jeremy Symington stopped 35 of 36 shots for Rio Grande Valley, and got the win to improve to 5-1-0. The Bucks were 0-11 on the power play while the Killer Bees were 2-11. Laredo out shot Rio Grande Valley 36-33.
POINTSTREAK BOX SCORE
2006-07 BUCKS SINGLE GAME TICKETS ON SALE
- Single game tickets for the Bucks start at $14.95. Of the 32 home games, 25 will take place on either a Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Game times will remain the same for the 2006-07 season. Weekday games begin at 7 p.m., while Friday and Saturday night games are at 7:30 p.m. Sunday games will be at 4 p.m.
2006-07 BUCKS SEASON TICKETS
- The Bucks are offering a family four pack of season tickets for the 2006-07 CHL regular season, that works out to just over $7 a seat per game and is a 48 % savings off walkup prices. For more info contact a Bucks season ticket representative at (956) 718-BUCK (2825).
BECOME A BUCKS CORPORATE PARTNER
- Your company can become a vital part of the Laredo Bucks family by reaching our fans with your business message. To create a customized advertising package for your company, contact Summer Barrera at (956) 523-7723 or email@example.com.
BUCKS IN THE COMMUNITY
- To schedule an appearance by a Bucks player, coach, or member of the front office staff call Traci Melendez at (956) 718-BUCK (2825) or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There will be post-game skates at the LEC following Friday, Saturday and Sunday games. The only exceptions will be if there is a post-game jersey auction, there will not be a post-game skate.
BUCKS ON THE AIR
- Listen to every Bucks game, home and away, on Norteno 1490. You can also hear the Bucks online at www.laredobucks.com.
BUCKS HIGHLIGHTS ONLINE
- Listen to audio highlights of the Bucks online at www.laredobucks.com in the multimedia section.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 28, 2006
- Scorpions earn point with big third period comeback - New Mexico Scorpions
- First period flurry lifts Gorillas past Rayz, 6-4 - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Hounds Start Road Trip on Wrong Foot - Youngstown SteelHounds
- RiverKings run road record to 4-0, win 10th game of season - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Fall 3-1 To Rio Grande Valley - Laredo Bucks
- RiverKings beat Mudbugs 3-2 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Sundogs Team Up with Toys for Tots - Arizona Sundogs
- Eagles Week in Review - Colorado Eagles
- Scorpions Weekly - New Mexico Scorpions
- Rage Pour WinterBock to Benefit Community Food Share Tomorrow - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Cotton Kings Weekly Notes - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Oilers Preview - Tulsa Oilers
- RiverKings road game preview - Mississippi RiverKings
- Killer Bees Game Notes - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Gifts from the Heart and RiverKings team up again - Mississippi RiverKings
- Gorillas Look To Take Sting Out Of Rayz - Amarillo Gorillas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.