RiverKings run road record to 4-0, win 10th game of season
BOSSIER CITY, LA --- The Memphis RiverKings won their fourth straight road game as they held on for a 3-2 win at Bossier-Shreveport Tuesday night. The RiverKings also improved their overall record to 10-3-2 and are back in sole possession of first place in the Northeast Division.
All three Memphis goals were on the power play, two were on five-on-three advantages. Jason Sessa, Derek Landmesser and Phil Aucoin scored for Memphis. Aucoin's goal 1:03 of the third gave the RiverKings a 3-1 lead and proved to be the game winner. The Mudbugs' Forbes MacPherson put the lead back to one at 6:56 of the period to make it a close finish to the end.
The RiverKings' three power play goals came on nine chances while their penalty kill stopped 11 of 12 Bossier-Shreveport chances.
The RiverKings' Larry Sterling faced 37 shots and made 35 saves to run his season record to 9-2-2 and his career record versus the Mudbugs to 8-4-0.
The RiverKings will return home to face second place Youngstown on Friday at 7:05 and Sunday at 5:05. The first 1,500 fans on Friday receive an ESPN 730 RiverKings Knit Hat.
For information about RiverKings season, half-season, 10 game, 8 game flex or group ticket plans, call 662-342-1755.
Don't miss the next Kevin McClelland Show on Tuesday, December 5 LIVE from Beef O' Brady's in Southaven from 6-7 on Sports 56 WHBQ.
RiverKings Single-Game Tickets for all 2006-2007 home games are on sale now at the DeSoto Civic Center box office and at all TicketMaster locations.
UPCOMING PROMOTIONS: Friday, December 1 --- 730 ESPN/RiverKings Knit Hats to first 1,500 fans; Sunday, December 3 --- Post Game Skate With Players; SaturdayDecember 9 --- CW-30 Mr Potato Head to first 1,500 fans; Saturday, December 16 --- Cellular South Travis Banga Mini Bobbleheads to the first 1,500 fans; Tuesday, December 19 --- WMC TV Channel 5 CheerStix to first 1,500 fans
After every RiverKings home game, the party heads to the new Buffalo Wild Wings on Airways in Southaven, the official Post Game Hang-Out of the RiverKings.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 28, 2006
- Scorpions earn point with big third period comeback - New Mexico Scorpions
- First period flurry lifts Gorillas past Rayz, 6-4 - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Hounds Start Road Trip on Wrong Foot - Youngstown SteelHounds
- RiverKings run road record to 4-0, win 10th game of season - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Fall 3-1 To Rio Grande Valley - Laredo Bucks
- RiverKings beat Mudbugs 3-2 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Sundogs Team Up with Toys for Tots - Arizona Sundogs
- Eagles Week in Review - Colorado Eagles
- Scorpions Weekly - New Mexico Scorpions
- Rage Pour WinterBock to Benefit Community Food Share Tomorrow - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Cotton Kings Weekly Notes - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Oilers Preview - Tulsa Oilers
- RiverKings road game preview - Mississippi RiverKings
- Killer Bees Game Notes - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Gifts from the Heart and RiverKings team up again - Mississippi RiverKings
- Gorillas Look To Take Sting Out Of Rayz - Amarillo Gorillas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.