Hounds Start Road Trip on Wrong Foot
Tulsa, OK - - The Youngstown SteelHounds began an eight-game road trip on Tuesday night and got off to a rough start taking their worst defeat of the season falling 5-2 to the Tulsa Oilers. The win marked the third time in four games the Oilers have come out on top of the Hounds this season making them appear as the main nemesis for Youngstown this season.
David Masse and David Beauregard each scored a pair of goals and Brent McMann added one for the Oilers who used a three-goal third period and solid penalty killing stopping 11 of Youngstown's 12 chances with the power play to earn the two points.
The SteelHounds outshot the Oilers 23-22 in the game but Jason Montgomery made 21 saves earning his second victory of the season against the Hounds.
The teams played a competitive first period that saw Chris Richards answer Masse's first goal just over a minute later scoring his 11th goal of the season making it 1-1 after one period. Tulsa would score the only goal of the second frame with an unassisted tally by Beauregard.
The offense got going for Tulsa in the third period with three unanswered goals after a power play strike by Jeff Christian, his seventh goal of the season. Richards drew one of the assists on Christian's score giving him a league-leading 32 points.
David Currie took the loss falling to 3-4-3 on the season after making just 17 stops on 22 shots. The game was the first of the last three for the Hounds that did not go to overtime or a shootout.
The Hounds continue their road trip on Friday night in Memphis in a battle for first place in the Northeast Division. The RiverKings currently hold the top spot by two points over Youngstown. Face-off is scheduled for 8:05 PM (EST) and the game can be heard on ESPN Radio-1240, The Fan or via the team's webcast at www.steelhounds.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 28, 2006
- Scorpions earn point with big third period comeback - New Mexico Scorpions
- First period flurry lifts Gorillas past Rayz, 6-4 - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Hounds Start Road Trip on Wrong Foot - Youngstown SteelHounds
- RiverKings run road record to 4-0, win 10th game of season - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Fall 3-1 To Rio Grande Valley - Laredo Bucks
- RiverKings beat Mudbugs 3-2 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Sundogs Team Up with Toys for Tots - Arizona Sundogs
- Eagles Week in Review - Colorado Eagles
- Scorpions Weekly - New Mexico Scorpions
- Rage Pour WinterBock to Benefit Community Food Share Tomorrow - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Cotton Kings Weekly Notes - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Oilers Preview - Tulsa Oilers
- RiverKings road game preview - Mississippi RiverKings
- Killer Bees Game Notes - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Gifts from the Heart and RiverKings team up again - Mississippi RiverKings
- Gorillas Look To Take Sting Out Of Rayz - Amarillo Gorillas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Youngstown SteelHounds Stories
- SteelHounds Franchise Terminated?
- Franck And Richards Honored As Team MVP's
- Hounds Offer Early Bird Specials for 08-09 Season Tickets
- SteelHounds Weekly
- Hounds season ends in 1-0 loss