Goaltender Eisele Commits to Lake Superior State
NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, TX - The Lone Star Brahmas are pleased to announce that goaltender Seth Eisele has committed to play NCAA Division I hockey at Lake Superior State University.
Eisele joined the Brahmas shortly after the beginning of the season. He was brought on by the coaching staff to bolster the goaltending position, which is traditionally a strength for the Brahmas organization. Eisele did exactly that, combining with Harrison Feeney to create a formidable tandem in net.
With Feeney's midseason departure to the University of North Dakota, Eisele was called upon to take the starting role. He excelled, anchoring the team as they made their second half push.
Lake Superior State's coaching staff took notice. "They started watching a lot of my games," Eisele said.
The 1998-born goaltender didn't take the decision to commit to Lake Superior State lightly. "I made the decision [to commit] because of how invested and kind the coaching staff was," he said. "It felt amazing to make the decision. Playing college hockey has been a dream of mine ever since I was a kid."
It hasn't been all smooth sailing this season for the 6-foot-5, 185-pound Eisele. "This year I learned a lot about battling through adversity and becoming a pro. I really didn't know what my future was when I was released from my last junior team," Eisele said. "The coaching staff here was kind enough to take a chance on me and I took advantage of every opportunity I was given."
Brahmas Assistant Coach Justin Hale, who works closely with the team's goalies, has been impressed with Eisele during his time with the Brahmas. "We're unbelievably proud of this accomplishment for Seth," Hale said. "He is a great goalie, great teammate, and has put in the work behind the scenes to make this happen. I have enjoyed getting the chance to work with him on a daily basis."
Eisele will begin at Lake Superior State University in the fall of 2019. He tentatively plans to study business.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from February 15, 2019
- Bulls Overtake Bugs - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Comeback Effort Falls Short, Pilots Drop Contest to Brahmas 5-3 - Topeka Pilots
- IceRays Beat Jackalopes 5-1 Friday - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Jackalopes Fall 5-1 in Corpus Christi - Odessa Jackalopes
- Knights Steal Extra Point in Overtime Win - Maryland Black Bears
- Bruins Mute Minotauros at Riverside Arena, 2-1 - Austin Bruins
- Steel Fall to Brown Bears - Chippewa Steel
- Toale Nets Winner in OT as Hawks Bounce Rebels 7-6 - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Gabriel Seger Commits to Union College - Amarillo Bulls
- Goaltender Eisele Commits to Lake Superior State - Lone Star Brahmas
- Jake LaRusso Signs Tender Agreement with Titans - New Jersey Junior Titans
- Wings Fall Thursday 3-2 - Aberdeen Wings
- Bear Battle - Minot Minotauros
- Bulls Visit Mudbugs for Final Time During Regular Season - Amarillo Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.