Bulls Visit Mudbugs for Final Time During Regular Season
THE TEAMS: Amarillo Bulls @ Shreveport Mudbugs
WHERE: George's Pond Hirsch Coliseum
WHEN: Tomorrow (night) and Saturday at 7:11 pm
BROADCAST OPTIONS: Tune into the action live on 107.1 Nash Icon, www.amarillobulls.com/listen and on PPV with Hockey TV, beginning with the Fit Omni Warm Up Show at 6:45 pm
BULLS NEXT AT HOME: The Amarillo Bulls are back on home ice next Friday and Saturday, Feb. 22 and 23 versus the Odessa Jackalopes at the Budweiser Bull Pen in the Amarillo Civic Center. Friday - College Night with $10 tickets for College Students with an ID. It's also the Family-Four-Pack for $54 and the Bring-A-Bud Pack for $27. Saturday - Merrick Pet Care Pet Night with dogs to be adopted as well as free pet food giveaways through the night. No dogs will be permitted at the game unless they are a service dog.
THE SERIES: This marks the 11th and 12th meetings of the season between the Amarillo Bulls and the Shreveport Mudbugs. The Bulls have had a better record versus the Mudbugs of 6-3-0-1, including back-to-back wins at George's Pond Hirsch Coliseum. Seven of the 10 games have been decided by two goals or less.
WEEKEND REWIND: The Amarillo Bulls collected three out of a possible four points last weekend versus the Lone Star Brahmas. On Friday, Logan Jenuwine scored twice as the Bulls dumped the Brahmas 5-1, while on the following night Lone Star needed overtime to edge Amarillo 3-2 in front of a crowd of more than 3,200. The Shreveport Mudbugs split a weekend series with the Odessa Jackalopes falling 2-1 on Friday and then winning by the same score on Saturday.
PLAYOFF PUSH-ACROSS THE SOUTH: It's a 19-point lead for the Amarillo Bulls over the Shreveport Mudbugs for first place in the South Division. The Mudbugs have a one-point margin over the Lone Star Brahmas for second place and home ice. Meantime, there is still a great battle for the fourth and final playoff spot as the Corpus Christi IceRays enjoy a four-point cushion over the Topeka Pilots. The teams have the same amount of games played, but have both been struggling. The IceRays have just three wins in their last 10 games, while the Pilots are winless in their last seven.
SCORING WATCH: Forward Logan Jenuwine trails Samuel Solensky of Johnstown by a single point for first place in the scoring lead. Jenuwine had 42 goals, while Solensky has 49 assists. Three of Solensky's teammates trail Jenuwine for 2nd place including Carson Briere who is two points back.
NCAA COLLEGE COMMITMENT: The Amarillo Bulls announced that forward Gabriel Seger has committed to Union College, Division I, ECAC Hockey. Seger is the 7th Bulls player off the 2018-19 Roster to announce their NCAA plans.
NAHL TOP PROSPECTS ON MONDAY: It's a busy week for several of the Amarillo Bulls players along with Head Coach Rocky Russo and the voice Denis J. Puska. The group will head to the NAHL Top Prospects in Attleboro, MA on Monday for two games at the New England Sports Village. Fans can tune into the action on Hockey TV.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from February 15, 2019
- Bulls Overtake Bugs - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Comeback Effort Falls Short, Pilots Drop Contest to Brahmas 5-3 - Topeka Pilots
- IceRays Beat Jackalopes 5-1 Friday - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Jackalopes Fall 5-1 in Corpus Christi - Odessa Jackalopes
- Knights Steal Extra Point in Overtime Win - Maryland Black Bears
- Bruins Mute Minotauros at Riverside Arena, 2-1 - Austin Bruins
- Steel Fall to Brown Bears - Chippewa Steel
- Toale Nets Winner in OT as Hawks Bounce Rebels 7-6 - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Gabriel Seger Commits to Union College - Amarillo Bulls
- Goaltender Eisele Commits to Lake Superior State - Lone Star Brahmas
- Jake LaRusso Signs Tender Agreement with Titans - New Jersey Junior Titans
- Wings Fall Thursday 3-2 - Aberdeen Wings
- Bear Battle - Minot Minotauros
- Bulls Visit Mudbugs for Final Time During Regular Season - Amarillo Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Amarillo Bulls Stories
- Weekend Preview - Bulls Visit Brahmas
- Bulls Double Jackalopes 4-2 for 40th Win
- Weekend Preview: Bulls Host Jackalopes Looking at Getting Closer to 40 Win Plateau
- Amarillo Bulls, Amarillo Hockey Association and Amarillo Sod Poodles Announce Partnership
- Bulls Dump Brahmas 5-1