Bulls Get Weekend Sweep
AMARILLO,Texas - The Bulls picked up their fourth straight win Saturday night with a 4-to-1 effort against the Odessa Jackalopes.
For the second straight nigh the Bulls would attack the opposition early but could not convert on their 19 shots on goal in the first period. Amarillo would hold Odessa to only seven shots in the first but the game would be scoreless after 20 minutes of play.
The Jackalopes would score the games first goal when Gabe Bennet scored his third of the season just 1:52 into the second period. The Jackalopes would control much of the second period but Bulls goalie Andrew Takacs would keep the score 1-to-0 going into the third period.
Amarillo would start the final frame with a spark when Harrison Scott buried a rebound just 12 seconds into the third to tie the game. The score would remain tied until the 12:18 mark when Scott put home another rebound for his second of the game.
The Bulls would gain a 3-to-1 lead with a Greg Japchen power play goal just two minutes after Scott's second goal. The Jackalopes pulled their goalie in the final two minutes and Ty Black would score an empty net goal to give Amarillo a 4-to-1 victory over Odessa.
Scott would get his fifth and sixth goals of the season while Japchen scored his fifth goal of the year. Black with his empty net goal earned his sixth goal of the season.
Bulls goalie Takacs would make 22 saves on 23 shots faced and improve to a 3-and-0 record in his first three starts. Amarillo improves to 11-6-2-1 and have 25 points. Amarillo will welcome the New Mexico Ice Wolves next weekend for a three game series at the Budweiser Bullpen.
The Amarillo Bulls are members of the North American Hockey League tier II US Junior Hockey. Join us every Tuesday at 11:30 at the Budweiser Bullpen for head coach Rocky Russo's press conference For more information visit https://www.amarillobulls.com
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from January 24, 2021
- Werner's One-Timer Gives Titans 3-2 OT Win over Generals - New Jersey Titans
- Wings Sweep Fairbanks with Huge 8-0 Win - Aberdeen Wings
- Bruins Blanked by Wilderness, 3-0 - Austin Bruins
- Jackalopes Give up Four-Unanswered in Third Period, Fall to Amarillo 4-1 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bulls Get Weekend Sweep - Amarillo Bulls
- Norsemen Outshoot Bobcats But Fall in Bout - St. Cloud Norsemen
- Bugs Sweep Brahmas to Take over 1st Place in South Division - Shreveport Mudbugs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.