Gizowski Signs WHL Standard Player Agreement
Spokane, Wash. - The Spokane Chiefs announced on Tuesday that 2005-born forward Kooper Gizowski has signed a WHL Standard Player Agreement. The Chiefs selected Gizowski in the second round (40th overall) of the 2020 WHL Bantam Draft last week.
"It's an honor to be a part of such a great organization," said Gizowski. "I can't wait to see what the future holds."
Gizowski led the Northern Alberta Xtreme (NAX) with 51 points (27G-24A) in 29 games last season. He finished tied for sixth in the CSSHL in goals scored, tallying two hat tricks and six multi-goal games. He had more games with three or more points (6) than games with zero points (4).
The 5-foot-9 forward earned praise from scouts for his excellent shot and offensive sense. "He's a highly intelligent offensive player," said Chiefs assistant general manager Jim Hammett after the draft. "One of the best shots available in the draft. Plays with pace, sense and smarts. Very tenacious."
Gizowski joins NAX teammate and the Chiefs' first-round pick D Saige Weinstein as the organization's second signed prospect from the 2020 WHL Bantam Draft class.
"It's great to get both of our top picks signed and ready to go headed into camp later this year," said general manager Scott Carter. "We'd like to officially welcome the Gizowski family to the Chiefs organization. We look forward to seeing Kooper in a Chiefs sweater."
Gizowski will be eligible to play for the Chiefs full-time beginning in the 2021-22 season.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from May 5, 2020
- Prospect Profile: Karson King - Swift Current Broncos
- Cougars Sign First Round WHL Bantam Draft Pick Ryker Singer - Prince George Cougars
- Conner McDonald Commits To UBC - Kelowna Rockets
- Tigers Sign Josh Van Mulligen - Medicine Hat Tigers
- 2nd Round Pick Lukas Hansen Inks Standard Player Agreement - Saskatoon Blades
- Blades Sign 2020 Draft Pick Lukas Hansen - Saskatoon Blades
- Gizowski Signs WHL Standard Player Agreement - Spokane Chiefs
- Hurricanes Ink Wormald - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Hitmen Sign Prospect Carter Yakemchuk - Calgary Hitmen
- Talon Brigley Signs with Rebels - Red Deer Rebels
- Western Hockey League Announces Jeff Ingram as Recipient of Allen Paradice Memorial Trophy - WHL
- Giants Sign Defenceman Damian Palmieri to a WHL Standard Player Agreement - Vancouver Giants
- Winnipeg ICE Sign 2005-Born Defenseman Ashton Cumby to a WHL Standard Player Agreement - Winnipeg Ice
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Spokane Chiefs Stories
- Chiefs Select Defenseman David Jiricek in CHL Import Draft
- Prospect Ben Thornton Invited to Hockey Canada U-17 Camp
- Beckman and Finley Invited to Canadian National Junior Team Summer Development Camp
- Sward Invited to National Men's Summer Under-18 Team Selection Camp
- Lukas Parik Invited to Czech Republic Under-20 Summer Camp