Giants Sign Defenceman Damian Palmieri to a WHL Standard Player Agreement
Vancouver, B.C. - The signings keep coming for the Vancouver Giants. General Manager Barclay Parneta announced today that the Giants have signed 2004-born defenceman Damian Palmieri (Delta, B.C,) to a WHL Standard Player Agreement.
Originally selected by the Giants in Round 4 (87th overall) in the 2019 WHL Bantam Draft, the 6'0", 177-pound left-shot defenceman joins the Giants after wrapping up his midget season with the Delta Hockey Academy's 16U Program. A season prior as a Bantam, Palmieri scored seven goals and added 15 assists for 22 points in 29 games while adding 52 penalty minutes.
"He is a physical, two-way defenceman that does not shy down from battles," said Barclay Parneta. "His development has trended well over the past year and he has a similar foundation to the types of players that we have been having success with in recent seasons."
"A year ago I was so happy to have been drafted by my hometown WHL team, and to sign with them today is an incredible feeling," adds Palmieri. "I'm excited for Training Camp and the opportunity to compete for a roster spot next season."
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from May 5, 2020
- Prospect Profile: Karson King - Swift Current Broncos
- Cougars Sign First Round WHL Bantam Draft Pick Ryker Singer - Prince George Cougars
- Conner McDonald Commits To UBC - Kelowna Rockets
- Tigers Sign Josh Van Mulligen - Medicine Hat Tigers
- 2nd Round Pick Lukas Hansen Inks Standard Player Agreement - Saskatoon Blades
- Blades Sign 2020 Draft Pick Lukas Hansen - Saskatoon Blades
- Gizowski Signs WHL Standard Player Agreement - Spokane Chiefs
- Hurricanes Ink Wormald - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Hitmen Sign Prospect Carter Yakemchuk - Calgary Hitmen
- Talon Brigley Signs with Rebels - Red Deer Rebels
- Western Hockey League Announces Jeff Ingram as Recipient of Allen Paradice Memorial Trophy - WHL
- Giants Sign Defenceman Damian Palmieri to a WHL Standard Player Agreement - Vancouver Giants
- Winnipeg ICE Sign 2005-Born Defenseman Ashton Cumby to a WHL Standard Player Agreement - Winnipeg Ice
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Giants Stories
- Giants Select Slovakian Defenceman Marko Stacha with 90th Overall Pick in 2020 CHL Import Draft
- Giants Select Swedish Forward Fabian Lysell 30th Overall in the 2020 CHL Import Draft
- Two Giants Prospects Named to Team Canada's U-17 Summer Development Camp
- Byram Named to Canada's National Junior Team Summer Development Camp
- Michael Dyck Named An Assistant Coach for Canada's National Junior Team