Hurricanes Ink Wormald
LETHBRIDGE, AB - The Lethbridge Hurricanes Hockey Club have announced the signing of 2005-born forward Logan Wormald to a Western Hockey League Standard Player Agreement.
Wormald, 15, was selected in the third round (45th overall) in the 2020 WHL Bantam Draft. The product of Langley, British Columbia totaled 62 points, including 26 goals and 36 assists, along with 20 penalty minutes in 30 games with the Yale Hockey Academy in 2019-2020 playing on Yale's top line. He added five points (1g-4a) in just two post-season games.
"His hockey sense is off the charts and we are really excited about Wormald," said Hurricanes General Manager Peter Anholt. "He is going to be a really good player and his coaches and teammates speak so highly of him and we are really excited to get him signed."
Wormald finished 21st in CSSBHL scoring with his 62 points while finishing second in team scoring. In two years with the Yale Bantam program, Wormald suited up in 60 games totaling 106 points (45g-61a) along with 42 penalty minutes while adding 12 points (3g-9a) in six playoff games.
Wormald is the third player from the 2020 draft to sign with the Hurricanes as he joins Cole Miller (first round pick) and Noah Chadwick (second round pick) to already sign contracts.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from May 5, 2020
- Prospect Profile: Karson King - Swift Current Broncos
- Cougars Sign First Round WHL Bantam Draft Pick Ryker Singer - Prince George Cougars
- Conner McDonald Commits To UBC - Kelowna Rockets
- Tigers Sign Josh Van Mulligen - Medicine Hat Tigers
- 2nd Round Pick Lukas Hansen Inks Standard Player Agreement - Saskatoon Blades
- Blades Sign 2020 Draft Pick Lukas Hansen - Saskatoon Blades
- Gizowski Signs WHL Standard Player Agreement - Spokane Chiefs
- Hurricanes Ink Wormald - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Hitmen Sign Prospect Carter Yakemchuk - Calgary Hitmen
- Talon Brigley Signs with Rebels - Red Deer Rebels
- Western Hockey League Announces Jeff Ingram as Recipient of Allen Paradice Memorial Trophy - WHL
- Giants Sign Defenceman Damian Palmieri to a WHL Standard Player Agreement - Vancouver Giants
- Winnipeg ICE Sign 2005-Born Defenseman Ashton Cumby to a WHL Standard Player Agreement - Winnipeg Ice
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.