Giants Win 3-2 in Double OT
SPOKANE WA - Evander Kane scored at 5:31 of double overtime as the Vancouver Giants force a Game SEVEN with a dramatic 3-2 win over the Spokane Chiefs.
James Wright set up the winner and also added the other two goals by Vancouver in the win while Tyson Sexsmith was OUTSTANDING in net turning aside 32 shots for the victory.
GAME SEVEN WILL BE TUESDAY AT THE PACIFIC COLISEUM. Get your tickets thru TICKETMASTER beginning at 10 am Monday...
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from April 13, 2009
- Eastern Finals Schedule Announced - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Hitmen To Face Brandon Wheat Kings In Eastern Conference Final - Calgary Hitmen
- WHL Announces Husky WHL Eastern Conference Championship Series Schedule - WHL
- Bernhardt Signs NHL Contract with Phoenix - Prince Albert Raiders
- Game Seven a Familiar Setting - Spokane Chiefs
- Rockets Move Onto the Western Conference Championship - Kelowna Rockets
- Game Notes For Game Seven - Vancouver Giants
- Wheat Kings' Colby Robak named Boston Pizza WHL Player of the Week - WHL
- Giants Earn Double OT Win - Force Game Seven - Spokane Chiefs
- Giants Win 3-2 in Double OT - Vancouver Giants
- Backlund Scores Twice As Rockets Eliminate Americans - Tri-City Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Giants Stories
- Giants Drop a 3-1 Decision Sunday at Home to Victoria
- Vancouver Giants Knock off Broncos in a Nine-Round Shootout
- Vancouver Giants Fall in Kamloops to Kick off the Weekend
- Byram Named to Team WHL's Roster for 2019 Cibc Canada Russia Series
- Giants Wrap up Prairie Road Swing with a 4-2 Win in Regina