Heating Up: The Tulsa Oilers have two home games this week, which start a stretch of four games in five days and seven games in 10 days. The Oilers will host round five of the Johnny Carino's Challenge Cup series with the Wichita Thunder Friday night at 7:35 p.m. and will host the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs (tied with the Oilers for third place in the Northeast Division) Saturday at 7:35 p.m.
All Good Things End: The Oilers saw their six game winning streak (longest since 2002) end in a 5-4 shootout loss to the Memphis RiverKings December 12th. The Oilers suffered their first home ice regulation loss since November 7th when Youngstown downed the Oilers 4-2 on Friday night. On Saturday, the Oilers and Memphis went to overtime for the third time this season, and for the second time this week, Memphis prevailed in a shootout, this time, 4-3.
Two Deuces: Two players had two goal games this week. David Masse scored twice in the first game against Memphis and Jaroslav Cesky had two goals against Youngstown.
Happy First: Defenseman Darryl Smoleroff scored his first professional goal in Saturday's shootout loss at Memphis.
Roster Moves: Defenseman Matt Hanson played his first game of the season Friday night, after suffering a broken jaw in the final preseason game. Right winger Marlon Joseph was placed on injured reserve after leaving Tuesday's game after the first period.
Tickets Here: Oiler tickets are available at all Carson Attraction locations, Drug Mart stores, and by phone at (918) 584-2000.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 18, 2006
- Oakley CHL Player and Goaltender of the Week Announced - CHL
- Scorpions add proven scorer in Herrington - New Mexico Scorpions
- Sundogs Partner with McWhite's North American Van Lines - Arizona Sundogs
- Perras Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Rocky Mountain Rage Weekly Update - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Sundogs' Kelly Named CHL Oakley Player of the Week - Arizona Sundogs
- See the Rayz tonight at Beamer's Restaurant - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Road trip send off at Windy City Grille - Mississippi RiverKings
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Getting Busy - Tulsa Oilers
- IMPACT Ministries to take turn as featured nonprofit at Tuesday's home game - Mississippi RiverKings
- SteelHounds Weekly Report - Youngstown SteelHounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.