Perras Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week
The Central Hockey League announced their Oakley CHL Players of the Week for Week Nine and selected Cotton Kings goaltender J.F. Perras as the Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week.
The Embrun, Ontario native went 1-0-1 on the week and stopped 73 of 75 shots on goal for a 97.3% save percentage for the week. Thirty-three of the saves were registered Saturday night against the Laredo Bucks, as Perras recorded his first professional shutout. Perras, who leads the CHL in assists by goaltender with two, has an active shutout sequence at a Kings season high 105:55. The honor is Perras' first and it marks the ninth time a Kings goaltender has received the award in franchise history. He is the sixth different individual to receive the accolade for the Kings (Darcy Austin, Mike Brusseau, Brett Koscielny, Lance Leslie and Kyle Stanton). Lubbock is the first team this season to have two different goaltenders receive the honor this season.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 18, 2006
- Oakley CHL Player and Goaltender of the Week Announced - CHL
- Scorpions add proven scorer in Herrington - New Mexico Scorpions
- Sundogs Partner with McWhite's North American Van Lines - Arizona Sundogs
- Perras Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Rocky Mountain Rage Weekly Update - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Sundogs' Kelly Named CHL Oakley Player of the Week - Arizona Sundogs
- See the Rayz tonight at Beamer's Restaurant - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Road trip send off at Windy City Grille - Mississippi RiverKings
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Getting Busy - Tulsa Oilers
- IMPACT Ministries to take turn as featured nonprofit at Tuesday's home game - Mississippi RiverKings
- SteelHounds Weekly Report - Youngstown SteelHounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.