Rocky Mountain Rage Weekly Update
LAST WEEK'S RECORD: 0-2-1 OVERALL RECORD: 6-14-3, 15 pts., 4th Place Northwest Division
Dec. 13 vs. Oklahoma City Blazers, 5-2 Loss - The Rage opened a season-long four-game home stand with a loss to the league's best road team. Nick Warriner scored a power play goal and Bret DeCecco scored the team's first short-handed goal of the year in the set-back.
Dec. 15 vs. Colorado Eagles, 4-3 Overtime Loss - The Rage had to overcome two one-goal deficits to force overtime before the visitors won the contest 2:09 into the extra session. Nathan Rosychuk had a hand in every Rocky Mountain goal with three points (2g-1a), and defenseman Jordan Little recorded an assist and scored a game-tying goal with 12 seconds remaining in the second period to deadlock the game at three.
Dec. 16 vs. Colorado Eagles, 2-1 Loss - In the finale of a two-game set at Broomfield Event Center between the two in-state rivals, the Rage's Chip Dunleavy scored a power play goal late in the second period to send the teams to the third tied for the second consecutive evening. But the Eagles tallied a power play marker mid-way through the final frame to spoil a 50-save effort from Rocky Mountain netminder David Guererra.
THIS WEEK'S UPCOMING GAMES
Thursday, Dec. 21 vs. Lubbock Cotton Kings, 7:05 p.m. MST - Rocky Mountain concludes its longest home stand of the year as the Cotton Kings make the first of two trips to the BEC.
Saturday, Dec. 23 @ Colorado Eagles, 7:05 p.m. MST - The Rage look to improve upon their 2-5-1 record in the Rocky Mountain Rivalry. Five of the teams' previous eight head-to-head clashes have been one-goal contests with a sixth having been decided by one goal plus an empty-netter in the final seconds.
**Both games this week can be heard on KLZ 560 AM. Thursday's tilt will be tape delayed beginning at approx. 8:15 p.m., while Saturday's action will be live beginning with the pre-game show at 6:50 p.m.**
* After going the season's first 20 games without a short-handed goal, Bret DeCecco and Nathan Rosychuk scored shorties in back-to-back games for the Rage last week.
* DeCecco's short-handed effort was the team's second unassisted goal of the season. Nick Warriner registered an unassisted tally on Oct. 27 at Youngstown.
* Guererra's 50 saves on Saturday set a new team record, surpassing the 39 saves he made on Dec. 2 in a 2-1 shootout win against the Wichita Thunder.
* Guererra leads the CHL in saves (588), is second in minutes played (1,062), and is 10th with a .913 save percentage.
* The one standings point earned for Friday's overtime loss snapped a string of four straight regulation losses for the Rage. Their winless slide has grown to six straight (0-5-1), though, dating back to the win on Dec. 2.
* Anders Strome (12g-7a) and Mark Wires (7g-12a) are tied for the team scoring lead with 19 points.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 18, 2006
- Oakley CHL Player and Goaltender of the Week Announced - CHL
- Scorpions add proven scorer in Herrington - New Mexico Scorpions
- Sundogs Partner with McWhite's North American Van Lines - Arizona Sundogs
- Perras Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Rocky Mountain Rage Weekly Update - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Sundogs' Kelly Named CHL Oakley Player of the Week - Arizona Sundogs
- See the Rayz tonight at Beamer's Restaurant - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Road trip send off at Windy City Grille - Mississippi RiverKings
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Getting Busy - Tulsa Oilers
- IMPACT Ministries to take turn as featured nonprofit at Tuesday's home game - Mississippi RiverKings
- SteelHounds Weekly Report - Youngstown SteelHounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.