SteelHounds Weekly Report
The Youngstown SteelHounds finish their grueling eight game road trip on a high by taking out the Tulsa Oilers and the Oklahoma City Blazers over the weekend, both by the score of 4-2. The wins gave the Hounds a 4-3-1 record over the three week stint improving them to 12-6-5 (29pts) for the season.
What's on Tap:
Some home cooking is finally being served for the SteelHounds as they will play in the Chevrolet Centre for the first time since November 25th when they host the Austin Ice Bats (10-9-4 24pts) this Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.
Quiet but Lethal for Landolt:
Youngstown forward Shaun Landolt was pivotal in the victories over the weekend recording a goal (7) and an assist (12). He now has 19 points, fourth best on the team for the Cloverdale, British Columbia Native.
The Captain is Streaking:
Captain and assistant coach, Jeff Christian now has the CHL's longest active point streak at 10 games. The veteran had a goal and an assist in both games over the weekend to stay even with line mate Chris Richards for first place in assists (28) and points (42) in the Central Hockey League. The player/assistant coach has recorded a point in every game except one this season.
Are Players Jealous?
Youngstown defensemen, Paul Esdale was targeted all weekend long by opponents and still managed to get two assists in the win over the Blazers on Saturday night. Esdale has six goals to go with his 17 assists for 23 points which puts him sixth best amongst defensemen in the CHL. When asked about why his assistant captain has a bull's-eye on his chest Head Coach, Kevin Kaminski said this: "Hey when you're 5ft9 and the best defensemen in the league, people are going to come after you."
Festivus this Saturday:
Saturday night is Festivus at the Chevy Centre as poles will be scattered all over the arena for fans to enjoy the holiday. This is all part of a three day weekend that includes a gift for everyone on Friday night and student rush night this Thursday. Tickets start at $8 and available by calling the ticket office today at (330) 747-PUCK.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 18, 2006
- Oakley CHL Player and Goaltender of the Week Announced - CHL
- Scorpions add proven scorer in Herrington - New Mexico Scorpions
- Sundogs Partner with McWhite's North American Van Lines - Arizona Sundogs
- Perras Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Rocky Mountain Rage Weekly Update - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Sundogs' Kelly Named CHL Oakley Player of the Week - Arizona Sundogs
- See the Rayz tonight at Beamer's Restaurant - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Road trip send off at Windy City Grille - Mississippi RiverKings
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Getting Busy - Tulsa Oilers
- IMPACT Ministries to take turn as featured nonprofit at Tuesday's home game - Mississippi RiverKings
- SteelHounds Weekly Report - Youngstown SteelHounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Youngstown SteelHounds Stories
- SteelHounds Franchise Terminated?
- Franck And Richards Honored As Team MVP's
- Hounds Offer Early Bird Specials for 08-09 Season Tickets
- SteelHounds Weekly
- Hounds season ends in 1-0 loss