Generals Weekly Notes
ON THE RECORD: The Generals continued to move down the right path this past weekend going 1-0-1-0 beating Bloomington handedly 5-2 and falling just short in OT to the Komets 3-2. Rookie netminder Rob Nolan was between the pipes for both games now playing in four straight games. With the three points, they collected five of six possible points.
THAT'S A MORI: Rookie John Mori named Rookie of the Month for the month of November, continued to put points on the board this weekend, scoring 3 pts. (1 goal and 2 assists) on Friday. He has now collected 9 points in the last 5 games, scoring in 4 of those games.
ROOKIE POWER: The Generals rookies continue to be the backbone of the Generals, both on the scoring front, between the pipes, and playing the physical game. Mori has had great success on the score board. Armando Scarlato continues to provide fans with the physical game that the Gens had been lacking at the start of the season. And Rob Nolan continues to steal the show in net.
WINNING WAYS: Between week 7 and week 8, the Generals officially put together a winning streak winning 3 of the last 4 and grabbing 5 of 6 possible points. Coming out of the weekend 1-0-1-0 shows a lot of promise for the rest of December and perhaps the rest of the season.
PHYSICAL FURY: When people think of hockey, they think of the incredible saves, skillful goals and hard hits. But Generals fans were missing out on the physical play at the beginning of the season, when they often stuck to the perimeters. The past few weeks not only have the G-Men moved to the front of the net they have improved and increased their physical game. Players like Armando Scarlato, Craig Cescon, Chris Bogas, and Steve Silver have shown the rest of the IHL that they have to keep their heads up when playing the Generals now.
MILESTONES: Nate Ward scored his 50th career goal Thursday in Fort Wayne. Tyler Willis needs 3 points to reach 400 regular season points and is 4 games away from 700 regular season games played. Veteran Greg Bullock needs 5 goals to reach his 50th with the Generals.
THIS WEEK ON THE ICE: The Gens continue their travels this Friday, Dec. 11th when they return to Bloomington. They are 1-1 against the PrairieThunder thus far; with a win (in regulation) they would move within 4 points of the 5th place PT.
They head to Moline, IL Sunday, Dec. 13th to take on Quad City and look to improve to a 3-1 record against the Mallards.
All of the games this week are available for viewing through the B2 Networks or just listening live, both options are accessible through our website www.flintgenerals.com.
Tickets for the Friday, Dec. 18th game and all Generals home games for the 2009-10 season are available at the Perani Arena Ticket Office, by phone 810-744-0580 or through Ticketmaster at www.ticketmaster.com. For group rates with the Generals call the Generals office at (810) 744-0222 or visit our website.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from December 7, 2009
- Mori Meijer/IHL Rookie Of The Week - Flint Generals
- Bouchard & Centomo Earn IHL Weekly Honors - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Hockey Hall Of Famer Ted Lindsay To Appear At Icehawks Game - Port Huron Icehawks
- Pair Record Shutouts - IHL 2
- IHL Announces Weekly Honors - IHL 2
- Finnerty Heading To EIHL - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Gems Weekly Notes - Dayton Gems
- Skalde Radio Show Dates Set - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Komets' Wild Wednesdays Debut With Hawks In Jungle - Fort Wayne Komets
- Generals Weekly Notes - Flint Generals
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals